Bug Reports FEB2013a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormshift

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I ran orc_for earlier, and after someone disconnected while they were "in combat" the mobs that were attacking him went invisible and continued to run around and attack me. I could see all the other mobs around except those, and I had to resort to AOEs(dark staff greater death circle) and my bear to kill them off.

Was pretty strange, never had it happen to me before.

Oh, I also tried to kill in console and reconnecting. They remained invis.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
minor thingy: cannot "leech" mana with darkstaff from bears on idemarks_tower

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The steam update of half-life is just mess the game up
items cannot double click to use
it makes you locked to look at top when u open a chest
etc...
hope it can be fixed soon

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not having this problem... Although I am on the beta.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
glow semms to not work only when ur inside the effect of another players glow at least thats what i observed
hope that helps fixing that bug

lafingman0

New Adventurer
Reaction score
miko2386 said:
The steam update of half-life is just mess the game up
items cannot double click to use
it makes you locked to look at top when u open a chest
etc...
hope it can be fixed soon

Same is happening for me. Game was working just fine for me yesterday and now I get the same bugs. m_rawinput was defaulted 0 and would cause the mouse to snap to the center for me but double click still did not work. changing it to 1 gave me the problem with the looking straight up error. either way I cannot double click.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Is it still a dumb idea to put Lich Tongues in your Galat Chest? 'cause I put two in there, then there was only one when I looked again, then I ticketed the remaining one and put the ticket in the chest, and now the ticket is gone. I mean, it's no big loss, but should I be worried about the rest of the stuff in my chest having not been thinking and done all this? Also, this may or may not be a bug report about what occurred. >.>;;

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The only downside to the LiTch tongue is that it has a longer script name than any other item, and thus takes up more room in the chest - which is limited by string space... If the chest ate an item though, I'd empty it and refill it before going on, to make sure there isn't one glitched item that may affect subsequent ones.

The blade shouldn't be any more likely to cause problems than any other though. When it cuts off, there should be enough buffer space in there to add yet two more, if it'd allow it (string rolls over at 200 chars, and the limit is 270, the LiTch tongue using 33, and its ticket using 41).

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thunder Breaker does lighting dmg with normal atk and 1st charge
but the lighting dmg does not increase aganist venom creatures
it is a bug or it is set to be?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The vulnerabilities are on the mob's end... It's likely that not all venomous creatures are set vulnerable to lightning (venom skeles, for instance). The second charge AOE is doing fire damage, atm, as mentioned.

It is about the best weapon for dealing with most green dragon guards though, even as is.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the boss of b_castle the armor of fallen
doesnt show as eilte

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you votemap to another after one votemap finshes successfully, it changes to the map you voted for,even if it is not voted for.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
@linksword916

Welcome to the beginning of time in ms:c.

Also thanks for ruining one of my magic tricks for trolling groups of people b*tch. >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
linksword916 said:
If you votemap to another after one votemap finshes successfully, it changes to the map you voted for,even if it is not voted for.
^$&#*^&^@&!!! I thought we fixed that! :oldangry:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Dammit, i didn't know you attempted that already, oh well, guess i'll have to find a new way to troll groups of people in the future... :roll:

linksword916

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
linksword916 said:
^$&#*^&^@&!!! I thought we fixed that! :oldangry:

I'm not sure if this was considered, but it also works if you change to another transition, along with the votemap issue.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Borya said:
I dunno if this is a related issue, but I've noticed that at least a couple of times, votemapping to Edana from Foutpost would bring us to Phobia.
That one's a bit of my being a miser on the betapack size... Rather than bothering to include Foutpost again, and edit the mission-fail end transition to go to Phobia, I just redirected all Edana changelevel's from there to Phobia. I suppose I should make a note to undo that come the next full installer.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I just encountered the most bizarre crash in Gatecity.

I was minding my own business near the start, with just applet and I in the server. I was suddenly disconnected with no error. So I joined again, and a couple of moments later, disconnected yet again with no error. So I joined one last time and this time MSC crashes with a Fatal Error:

svc_lightstyle > MAX_LIGHTSTYLES

Edit: Since restarting msc completely (aka crashing) and rejoining the server I have not experienced any issues.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The vulnerabilities are on the mob's end... It's likely that not all venomous creatures are set vulnerable to lightning (venom skeles, for instance). The second charge AOE is doing fire damage, atm, as mentioned.

It is about the best weapon for dealing with most green dragon guards though, even as is.

the strom lance does increase damage against venom bond animation but thunder breaker dont

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The Burning One's fire ball does cold impact damage instead of fire (but fire d.o.t. so that's normal).
Also shadow wolf fire d.o.t. pushes you around but I don't know if that's intentional or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.