Bug Reports FEB2015c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borya

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north.
Thothie said:
Someone said something about Horror Egg crashes, not looked into it yet.
edit: Not happening with Voldar... hrmm...
edit2: Not on VWorm either. :/

I'm not sure about Voldar, but it seems like the Ethereal Vermicular crashes things fairly often. I'll give Voldar a shot, too, I suppose.

Edit: Yeah, Voldar works fine

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Sataniac said:
Tell them to untick "Raw mouse input", then it should be back to normal.
Told him, didn't work. Thanks though.

Any other suggestions?

Also Maldora just ripped me off and six others. We started at lodagond-1 (as people usually do) but in lodagond-4 we got the "The boss has already been defeated" message. The only unusual things that happened were: The mapchange between lodagond-1 and lodagond-2 took reaaaally long (I suspect server crash) and also between lodagond-2 and lodagond-3 it took like five minutes, probably another crash. The final mapchange went normally though.
Anti-farm system overreacting...?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
MS:C community said:
Also Maldora just ripped me off and six others. We started at lodagond-1 (as people usually do) but in lodagond-4 we got the "The boss has already been defeated" message. The only unusual things that happened were: The mapchange between lodagond-1 and lodagond-2 took reaaaally long (I suspect server crash) and also between lodagond-2 and lodagond-3 it took like five minutes, probably another crash. The final mapchange went normally though.
Anti-farm system overreacting...?
Beginning to think there's a file/write permissions issue with the RKS servers. ...that maybe rather critical.

Some of the older NPC's ya mention never had an auto-open on +use feature, but will look into shops not responding.

Sataniac said:
Tell them to untick "Raw mouse input", then it should be back to normal.
Told him, didn't work. Thanks though.

Any other suggestions?
Can try -nofbo in launch options... I know there's a cvar, somewhere, that can affect that too, but if it's a fresh install, shouldn't be an issue. Might also try re-installing Half-Life.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
so something uh...very interesting happened
we votemapped to the_wall to run it and when we spawned it just...
killed us instantaneously
repeatidly.
over and over again.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Should have known better than to run Lodagond again but it just happened again (no Maldora). So I don't think the first occurrence was a freak bug related to the anti-farm system. Oh well.

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
looks like you guys went to the_wall and met the same fate we did

seems like the_wall is broken to hell.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Should have known better than to run Lodagond again but it just happened again (no Maldora). So I don't think the first occurrence was a freak bug related to the anti-farm system. Oh well.
Yeah, it ain't gonna work as things are now, I can tell ya that. Nor will the mscave thing. Something be up with the file system commands.

Uberzolik said:
so something uh...very interesting happened
we votemapped to the_wall to run it and when we spawned it just...
killed us instantaneously
repeatidly.
over and over again.
That's... Interesting... :?

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
In other, GOOD news, some guy named General Lee just killed Flesh Eater!
I wasn't there to see it happen but I joined him now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, the crash isn't consistent, which is what makes it neigh impossible for me to track down. Not sure what to do with it short of rebuilding the entire sequence from the map's side.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...There... Appears to be a trigger_hurt at the spawn in the_wall... The, hell....

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
...There... Appears to be a trigger_hurt at the spawn in the_wall... The, hell....

oh god
the trigger_hurts
they are BECOMING SENTIENT

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I don't think this is a good addition to be honest with you :razz:

So something else: General Lee, WillKill and I just beat Atholo and... No magical firewood? We checked all of the chests of course. We got three (!) acidic bolt scrolls (in three separate chests) and I thought only one could spawn at most...? None of the other rewards though so the chests aren't tripping balls I think (I hope).

Changelog said:
• The_Wall / The_Wall2
- Fixed transitions to Hunderswamp_North
- Drastically improved Forsuth's navigation abilities
Looks like someone added a transition...

*puts on sunglasses*

TO DEATH

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I don't think this is a good addition to be honest with you :razz:
It's not in the RMF... :\ I was thinking it was some code change to the trigger_hurt, as there is a large trigger_hurt that runs UNDER the spawn... But doesn't seem to be the case either. Gonna recompile from scratch and see what happens, I guess.

edit: That fixed it... There must be some entity order inconsistency between old and new version - causing the trigger_hurt to shift which brush it belongs to. Damnit... That means when I finalize this D patch, clients will need it - at least to play the_wall. No clue why that didn't come up in testing though - I specifically tested it when I fixed the transition. (Also for Forsuth's new voice).

So something else: General Lee, WillKill and I just beat Atholo and... No magical firewood? We checked all of the chests of course. We got three (!) acidic bolt scrolls (in three separate chests) and I thought only one could spawn at most...? None of the other rewards though so the chests aren't tripping balls I think (I hope).
Someone predicted I would one day nerf the magical firewood. :p - Shall examine.

edit: Seems the things are selecting the same chest type 4 times... Meh, fixed, I think. Foamy's request for how that chest system would function was kinda, odd, and doesn't play as well with the newer chest systems.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
RKS #3 is running a slightly more finalized D patch than the others, it may fix the Shadahar and Maldora issues, among others.

On the plus side, we've not had a 0hp rollback request since FEB2015a, despite all the activity.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Can confirm bloodrose crashes on the second phase of flesheater

Edit: Has happened a few times now, but the game likes to randomly freeze for a second... then close with no error message. :?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Kills the server AND the clients? Interesting...

Slightly more finalized D patch (that seems to fix Shadahar and Maldora) now on RKS #2 and #3.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Was Slithar alive or dead every time? Or a mix? I'm wondering if we need to think about Slithar being the cause or we can rule him out.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Client crashing is random, not connected to any map or monster AFAIK.

As I have said, bloodrose crashes after the second time killing Flesh Eater (OR just before killing him the second time)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, if he pulled the 1500+ damage required to kill Slithar in one shot past his half-health run away sequence, Flesheater never woulda spawned.

If he's smashing the server, and not clients, that at least doesn't make it as strange... He's just not doing anything that unusual in his second death sequence though. Given the re-write, think it's something else that happens on the map based on his death.

Though, looking at the script now, I'm a bit confused as to how Slithar knows FE died.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's been doing that since DEC2010, being why I rebuilt the FE script to no avail. Just refuses to do it when I'm around.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
*inserts Urdulian ring into statue*

*server instantly crashes*

RKS #02...

I have another ring, but I don't know if it's a very social idea to potentially blow up RKS #03 now.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Interesting... The ring actually didn't vanish and I just tried on RKS #03 (because #02 restarted anyway) and Shadahar is here now.

Edit: And his Circle of Death does no damage...

Edit 2: Well, the iron guardian spawned, I whooped his ass and the reward spawned (still on RKS #03). So that works now. Not sure if RKS #02 is running a different version of 2015d or if it was bad luck.

Edit 3: Oh and a request: Is it possible to add more quickslots (than the 24 there already are)?

Edit 4: Ring insertion successful on RKS #02 now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Probably bad luck, all three servers under the same patch now.

Edit 3: Oh and a request: Is it possible to add more quickslots (than the 24 there already are)?
Tried that, lead to character corruption.

Xentoes

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Hey, don't know if you've been told but the_wall is broken

It doesn't allow anyone to spawn, and just instakills them each time.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.