Not open for further replies.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
yeah i had, armor + shields + quiver (ammo with thornbow & heavy crossbow), i had to put most of my quiver weapons into the bag of holding to make it drop the weight bar. But i have torkbow in a quickslot key which i used and then i put it away and goes back to the quiver, making full weight again. And yeah i didnt get to cast the spell, like i said it crashed 2 times when i did that at full weight, i tried a 3rd time and the scroll fell down off my hands like if i had 75 items which is not the case, after the scroll being dropped just like that, i press X to pick it up and i notice those 2 options pop up, i tried to pick up the glow option that was on top (2nd option was the scroll itself) but i was sort of far away already because of drunk effect. Then i respawn, i noticed my weight being full, i still tried to pick up the glow scroll but it didnt let me, had to move my torkbow from quiver to BOH to lower the weight bar and then pick it up. After picking it up i tried the glow scroll again and it worked fine.

End of story :!:
I'm going to test a few more times to be sure though, but seeing the same server crash on the same map twice right when i was using my glow scroll with full weight is just too much coincidence you know!

EDIT: tested and approved, used glow scroll and rejuv scroll with full weight on a server @ lowlands, crashed 2 times again. Tried to use glow scroll with weight bar at around 90% and it worked fine. :wink:

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Would it be possible to come up with a different way to use scrolls without the chance to lose them on a crash? like pulling out the spellbook rather than the scroll or some sh*t

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't have the scripts with me until Sunday unless I download them to this laptop... Which is an idea since I have some free time on my hands(and no video games to distract me).

But I had to work with spells when trying to get my Flesheater Gauntlets to work correctly (and ended up making them work differently). When you activate a scroll, it recreates itself in your inventory (hence no hotkeying) and places a spell "item" in your hands. You'll see it if you look at "Hands" in your inventory. I don't know too much, though, so I'm gonna leave that up to Thoth until I get a chance to take a look at it. >_>

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what happens. The fake-hands don't weigh anything, so I don't know what's happening. Pro-tip: Drop some stuff and/or put your bag of holding at the top >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Weight shouldn't matter (both hands and scrolls being wieghtless), but if you are at the max number of items, you either won't be able to receive the new "magic hands" or you won't be able to take the re-created scroll back, once you have said hands, so it'll drop at your feet.

FER said:
Would it be possible to come up with a different way to use scrolls without the chance to lose them on a crash? like pulling out the spellbook rather than the scroll or some sh*t

Issue is that there's no function for clearing the hands that is dependable regardless of lag. Thus, item used to create spell must be deleted server side to ensure way is made for the spell itself.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Found another strange bug with weather/vapors: the poison type thinks every armor gives 50% damage reduction, i.e. no matter what kind of armor you equip (be it a Hide Armor, 5%, or Lord Vecilus' Mail, 60%), the damage dealt will be cut in half. The other two vapor types work properly, and all three vapor types seem to function properly with elemental resistances, though.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Yes, that's exactly what happens. The fake-hands don't weigh anything, so I don't know what's happening. Pro-tip: Drop some stuff and/or put your bag of holding at the top >_>
Or you can get the quivers for arrows and bolts to replace the archer one, bows will then go to the BoH if you have it before any other containers they can go in.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Found another strange bug with weather/vapors: the poison type thinks every armor gives 50% damage reduction, i.e. no matter what kind of armor you equip (be it a Hide Armor, 5%, or Lord Vecilus' Mail, 60%), the damage dealt will be cut in half. The other two vapor types work properly, and all three vapor types seem to function properly with elemental resistances, though.
That's not vapors - poison has worked that way for awhile.

Idea was supposed to be that armor has no effect on poison (save for enchanted armors such as Cobra Skin and Acid Plate), but to give poison a flat 50% reduction to compensate. The screwy bit comes in where, as with the spider juice, the player script seems to refuse to adjust incoming damage outside of armor, so it only works if you are wearing some sort of armor.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:

Thx for the tip, but i already knew about this. Thing is, having the quiver on top makes me get archery weapons quicker without having them in weapon slots. I normally use my invetory slots in this way: Spellbook on top, then comes the quiver for a quick search of ranged weapons when pressing 1, then comes the boh with all the crap i get.
It would be nice to have a different key assigned to each type of invetory equipement you have... for example: 1 = items in boh, 2 = tome's, 3 = invetory key (in my case), 4 = items in spellbook/quiver and so on. It would save a bit of trouble in the future i guess :mrgreen:

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but there are rotating chains in calruin2. It's just slightly past the spawn on the way to the spider boss. There is an arch like thing supported (for no reason) by chains that rotate (also for no reason). It looks quite terrible, tbh.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that again recently and made this face (puh.gif)... I think the axis got flipped on them for some reason. Not quite sure why they spin in anycase. I know the bats used to get caught in them causing lovely crashes... May have fuxored the axis flag when I added the non-solid flag.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Is it just me or can other/catapault only fire in the 270° direction?
Edit: And other/cannon_manned_fixed only fires in the 0°direction! Argh! Disaster strikes!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Never noticed that about the catapult, oddly enough, not one of my scripts. It seems to be fixed at 90 degrees from the script's point of view.

Cannon should fire whatever direction it is facing when it spawns though, from the look of the script, and that one is wholly mine. Hrmmm...

I can fux with them, but I'll have to add some map flags so it doesn't mess with their current behavior.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Speaking of entities that only work in one direction; the minute and hour hand entities for the clock only rotate along one axis, only in one direction.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think you'd need another script to do it otherwise... *although* If you hit one of the axis flags on the func_rotating you are using, it *may* change the orientation and affect the script. Script works by pitch. ( " setangle face.x L_HAND_POSITION " )

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Darn... The script overrides the direction, obviously - it sets a position then sets the velocity (based on weather it's a minute or hour hand)... I'm kinda surprised changing the orientation doesn't mess with, but I guess the pitch setting is absolute, rather than relative. I don't have a function for reading spawn flags off an entity (and I dun think it's worth bothering MiB to make one), so I guess if you want a clock facing another direction, you'd need another script. Granted, we may get into weird calculations if the clock is at non-right angles...

I dunno if it'd be possible to alter the script to read the hands starting angles in, and adjust relative to the clock's starting position - that *might* work... Although I dunno if you can get angles from a scripted brush. I'd have to look at the code for func_rotating for possible alternatives.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I was running The_Wall today and after getting to the cold one my weapons stopped working. It would only count every 7-10th swing as being real, same thing when trying to cast volcano or glow. Dying didn't help. It only went away after I rejoined after the map was over.

Ahura Pandaz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
SilentDeath said:
I was running The_Wall today and after getting to the cold one my weapons stopped working. It would only count every 7-10th swing as being real, same thing when trying to cast volcano or glow. Dying didn't help. It only went away after I rejoined after the map was over.

Cart and I can confirm this, he also tried the bow bug and suicide to fix- but nothing.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Usually if your weapons get screwed up you can switch to the one that screwed it up and fire to get them working again, but it didn't seem to work for him.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I really hope the item of interest bug is fixed in the next patch, lost my stuff twice in one month because of it...

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Are there any ways to log why your server crashes?

I still seem to be having problems with lodagond-4's blue crystal area.

EDIT: I've found a workaround! It doesn't seem to crash if the horrors don't shoot their spores near/into the water, so reloc at the top, and suicide after getting the demon fish to spawn.

Kill the fish away from the water, and then lure the horrors away from the water to kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.