Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Ahura Pandaz said:
SilentDeath said:
I was running The_Wall today and after getting to the cold one my weapons stopped working. It would only count every 7-10th swing as being real, same thing when trying to cast volcano or glow. Dying didn't help. It only went away after I rejoined after the map was over.

Cart and I can confirm this, he also tried the bow bug and suicide to fix- but nothing.

Take out your shield, hold it up, release, and put it away.

EDIT: It seems to be caused by taking out your shield and a neckhunter or some other weapon too quickly at the same time while attacking.

Also happens if you put the shield away just as you are about to hold it up.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
Ahura Pandaz said:
SilentDeath said:
I was running The_Wall today and after getting to the cold one my weapons stopped working. It would only count every 7-10th swing as being real, same thing when trying to cast volcano or glow. Dying didn't help. It only went away after I rejoined after the map was over.

Cart and I can confirm this, he also tried the bow bug and suicide to fix- but nothing.

Take out your shield, hold it up, release, and put it away.

EDIT: It seems to be caused by taking out your shield and a neckhunter or some other weapon too quickly at the same time while attacking.

Also happens if you put the shield away just as you are about to hold it up.

Thanks I'll try that next time it happens, but I don't remember using my shield on that run.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I joined 7 players on lodagond-4, we finished the map without any problems untill the artifact chest spawn, i was top in dmg points, artifact spawned, gave me 2 options of items (chain lightning scroll and litch tongue), i looted the normal chest to get a single demon blood, then it popped up again and refreshed the list, after refreshing all my lodagond-4 related items went poof from my character and the list was showing everything that spawned that run.

I also noticed my aob/cold helmet in my invetory slots going poof, my character after loading seems to show me wearing aob and cold helmet, if i put a different helmet on and take it off it then shows me wearing the last helmet i used. Character loading screen shows me "naked" without any armor except for shields and bag/quiver.

And the last weird thing that happened at the sametime is that i seemed to be holding multiple weapons in my hands when i changed to 3rd person view, those weapons/items somehow were lootable by other players, i lost 5 items and managed to recover 1 bludgeon hammer/thornbow, i think other people looted me and ran off with my items but im not sure if i had everything lodagond related in my hands to get looted by others >_<

Less important notes:
-i saw 3 weapons in my hands (axe of balance has primary and i could swing it, bludgeon hammer and thornbow on my left hand);
-Everything dropped in this run except for hoarfrost shard, this weapon didnt seem to get messed up with the rest of the items.

That's all i can say, i tried to define this glitch step by step like it happened ingame, i think im not missing anything that happened a few minutes ago. Weird stuff i say, going to make me loose my last hp boost! :oldangry:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
All typical symptoms of a corrupt item in your item data stream caused by overflow or near overflow.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Kruxus' spore cloud projectile spam has a high tendency of crashing maps. Doesn't only happen in kfortress; also happens a lot in a testmap of mine.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Not sure if this is known, but I found a bug at the_wall:
I first gave the head of Ivicta to Velend. Then I gave him Azuras head and I got this CHAT_STEP 1 thing. He didn't speak for a few seconds after that text came up, then he started speaking normally after skipping a few lines of text. No item appeared for turning in Azuras head. Then I turned in Electraths head and everything worked out just fine.

For some reason I am unable to upload my screenshot. Actually, I don't know if that is true as I have given up on guessing what the accepted file type(s) is/are.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
prt scr, paste into paint, upload to www.tinypic.com

Either way, it looks like the same chat bug that afflicts my Tutorial chick's script. Not on that scale, though, as I've had no problems giving Velend heads of Azura.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's been a lot of changes to base_chat since the last patch - which I think was released back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and democrats were actually left wing - and that seems likely where such a bug would be being generated. There's also a whole new array based chat system some of the newer NPC's are using - which of course just doubles the possibilities of things going wrong... But meh. Progress. If it's a "once in a great while" thing, it maybe memory corruption skewed one or more of his variables. Hard to track/fix such things. MSC is like a car - it won't make "that odd noise" in the presence of a trained mechanic. Certainly I returned about a hundred of Azura's heads during testing. :\

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Today in Lodagond 3 I picked up a bag of gold dropped by a Bludgeon. Inside was the usual gold amount, as well as 60 jagged arrows. Taking the arrows, however, either did nothing or just gave me gold. I am not sure which.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Did they go to two different people? Could be two people were tied for DP

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nope i got this thing the other day too but with ivicta's head instead. Was soloing the map, killed her and as soon as she died i pressed X and looted the head and gold like i usually do, i went back to turn all the 3 heads before ihotohr, came back to ihotohr and found another ivicta's head on the ground.

Though i have no clue why it did this to me, only happened once.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
poppenz said:
That.... That's just fugging unique right there. :oldshock:

@liv - show_health 1 in console will cause the health to echo to the evt HUD, which is handy for those who can't use the normal health display, or need to turn it off to save FPS.
Looks like the a3/trap treasure to me. But it's not supposed to be in that map, or anywhere else, for that matter o_O

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I would lean more towards the possibility that some entity got its name messed up and ended up copying its name, as has been seen with the skeleton-in-the-closet of thornlands

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That too >_> Probably attributes it to the newest spawned entity or something.

Jordy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I have hit a suicide with my blood drinker before... i don't get how that works :p

littleaznboi

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug but I ran the wall with Atrocious and we got Forsuth all the way to the end. He did his usual ending dialogue but didn't say the " Send _____ yonder over for a reward" line so I didn't get a reward even though I was first on the DP list. I tried hail, reward, etc. and nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.