INFO Bug Reports NOV2015a

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
WHAT map do you get slowed by a handful of goblins?
The drawbridge.

You know I've played them all a dozen times (if not for every update, including one rather critical one where I assumed you finally got it), and have sent you blow by blow descriptions of every crash and hiccup, that resulted in several dozen redesigns for each, including logs, screenshots, and in one case a video of my literally demonstrating an in game issue, and have spent hours creating and testing brush edits for your approval to boot, but you just keep telling yourself whatever you want.

More ignorance on display for everyone to see. You cannot do what you just described. Aside from underkeep, the maps go in a straight line:
Undercliffs connects to Underpath, from two points, Underkeep, and Bloodrose. Undercrypt connects to Underfyre at two points, and Undermines, Underforge goes to Underfyre at two points. Undermines goes to Underpath at two points, Undercrypt, and twice to Underkeep. Underpath goes to (Underfallsx3), Underkeep, Undercliffs, Undermines, back to itself, and Gatecity. So, yeah. Already got halfway through the flowchart required to map out that rabbit warren for the quest.

...and somehow you say this is the same as Lodagond.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just yet another a repeat of the usual, because, for some folks, it hasn't been about the game for ages now.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
The drawbridge.
LOL! That leads to underkeep dumbass. Your comment doesn't even make any sense. That transition point does not even take you to Undermines and that was one of the two maps I admitted you could skip. You either have a serious problem with reading comprehension or you are just trying to "tire me out" until I shut up by spouting nonsense. I honestly have no idea which it is so I can't figure out if I should pity you or despise you.

You know I've played them all a dozen times (if not for every update, including one rather critical one where I assumed you finally got it), and have sent you blow by blow descriptions of every crash and hiccup, that resulted in several dozen redesigns for each, including logs, screenshots, and in one case a video of my literally demonstrating an in game issue, and have spent hours creating and testing brush edits for your approval to boot, but you just keep telling yourself whatever you want.
Thank god I never cleared my inbox and can now use your own words against you.

When confronted via private message about why you never played through any of my maps you had this to say:

With few exceptions, I do not concern myself with the artistic aspects of other people's maps, that's left for the mappers. I suppose I eventually end up playing near every map all the way through legitimately a dozen or more times, but not prior to release. If I did, well, most of the past 15 years would look like the past three, and those maps I find unplayable (including several of yours) would never get released.

I might play through my own maps a dozen times, certainly test any section I created or populated at least that many times, but well, I rarely get the opportunity to map. Even with my own maps, however, once I'm convinced a section is WAI, it gets skipped over from then on, lest I make changes that need retesting

It's all right there. You never played my maps just because you do not like them. It's that simple. And now you are lying openly to everyone on this board about it.

Undercliffs connects to Underpath, from two points, Underkeep, and Bloodrose
Why does it matter if it connects to the same place from two points? You can only take one of those two points so the result is the same, and those points are in the same place and drops you from the ceiling in underpath so you can't go backwards to that point. You cannot get to the bloodrose transition without slogging through the spider town. It does not connect to Underkeep and never has.

Undercrypt connects to Underfyre at two points and Undermines,
1) So what? All that does is give you the ability to run the map from a different starting point, it doesn't cause you to go through MORE transitions.
2) connecting to undermines means there is just two ways to transition: backwards and forwards.

Just. Like. Any. Other. Map. In. The. Game.

Underforge goes to Underfyre at two points
1) so what? you can only take one of them,
2) you can't go backwards from the wyrm transition
2) both of these lead to the exact same starting point

Underpath goes to (Underfallsx3)
No such map exists.

back to itself

wat? this doesn't even make sense. How does it "go back to itself"?

The only one of these maps you even remotely have a point about is Underpath. Incidentally that is the only map you ever played (the first map I ever released). Funny how that is.

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thank god I never cleared my inbox and can now use your own words against you.
Funny how the quote you are using to call me a liar says exactly what I said, even when you take it out of context regarding going through a map without dev mode. I go through them, legitimately, at least once - several times for some of yours, but no, I do not go through legitimately with every test, and neither do you, nor does any mapper who manages to release their map before they die (even if they simply use the coordon tool, move the spawn, or add a teleport manually). Been through them dozens of times, seeing fixes and retesting specific issues, at that point dev hack my way to the issue, in one fashion or another, yes.

If I hadn't, you would have had a much easier time of it - and the one time I trusted ya with it, ya deliberately went and did exactly what I told you wouldn't fly, after we agreed you would not do it.

Why does it matter if it connects to the same place from two points?
Because you can reach the other map more quickly. If there was another tunnel going from the middle of Lodagond-1, to Lodagond-2, you'd save a lot of time - albeit, still take you more time than any of these maps would, since here you can skip by the mobs in the process.

You cannot get to the bloodrose transition without slogging through the spider town. It does not connect to Underkeep and never has.
Code:
{
"model" "*154"
"master" "jump2underkeep_master"
"desttrans" "jump_from_undercliffs"
"targetname" "jump2underkeep"
"destmap" "underkeep"
"destname" "a dark abyss. Will you jump?"
"zhlt_invisible" "1"
"classname" "msarea_transition"
}
Does on mine.

No such map exists.
Yet (hence the parentheses), but part of the problem is the tendency of where this is all going, and where it has continued to have gone, despite multiple developers repeatedly telling you not to do so. (And also why we must include Underkeep in this mess.)

wat? this doesn't even make sense. How does it "go back to itself"?
Underpath.ent ln3250:
Code:
{
"model" "*81"
"angles" "0 0 0"
"desttrans" "jump_from_undercliffs"
"destmap" "underpath"
"zhlt_invisible" "1"
"targetname" "jump_from_undercliffs"
"classname" "msarea_transition"
}
Which is something we discussed, where I assume the intention was to come out at another point in the same map, and I told you it wouldn't work. You took it out, then put it back in, because Thothie is always wrong.

The only one of these maps you even remotely have a point about is Underpath. Incidentally that is the only map you ever played (the first map I ever released). Funny how that is.
Jeeze, it must have been nice for you to have all those maps go through with my approval in one go as a result - which, totally never happened. How many times have I complained about specific encounters in this forum in just about every one of your other maps, declaring they were way too hard for me to play, or crazy stuff happens for undetermined reasons. Think I did that by running the numbers? No, I did it by dying instantly dozens of times, even in non-legit runs, even with insta maxhealth/mana bound to a mouse key and the usual potion or two. Did I find and have you fix dozens of buggered spawn sequences by just guessing your rube goldberg devices would break at a certain point? Was not every other post started with, "Such and such doesn't seem to be working as intended"?

We've cluttered up the bug report thread enough, and wasted another week of dev time - if you want to go on another 40 posts, where we repeat the same things over and over again, take it up via PM.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wait, yer right, there's five tomahawks, not four - still, given how long that takes, not an issue by comparison.

No more rants in the bug reports section please though, k, thanx. Next one gets deleted - followed by a temp ban, if it's within the next few days. This predictable behavior is exactly why I came down harder on Age than I meant to. Plus, I finally had a working archive set for NOV2015b, and it looks like I accidentally killed the file swap half way through in my distraction, and now I gotta start over.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Phlame the Ever Burning did his transformation as I killed him and did not spawn the final chest of the map.

He was in that easter egg form, but I doubt that has anything to do with.