Con Artist [02-13-06]

Con Artist

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I will be keeping the most up to date information in this first post for viewing convenience.

===================================================
02-12-05
Time for an update. My sincere appologies regarding the trailer. I havent had the time to have gotten one finished before release. On to some sad news..

I have been hired by a new game company to work on their up coming game. I can't say much but just that I won't be able to spend more time here with this great community, which also means most of my time will be spent on working on the retail game and not much for working for MS:C. I do promise to finish up the models so don't worry about them. I know it doesn't feel nice to see those ugly old white hands on the models but bare with me a while longer and you won't be disapointed.

On to some good news..recently I have discovered a never before done animation feature that I will implement into the MS:C view models. You will notice it soon and hopfully it will add to the little bits of details that makes this mod so memorable and unique.

So keep killing those rats and I'll be sure to get you some better axe and blunt swinging actions! 8)

10-01-05
That trailer is coming soon, I know I've been putting it back for a while, bare with me, I promise you'll see it soon.

On to bussiness, at the moment I am finishing up some player animations and will be working on more first person animations including the much awaiting "book in hand" spell animations. That's right, you heard it here first! This will be the next best thing since Hexen!

Stay tuned!

8-28-05
All third person animations are just about finished.

Stay tuned for an upcoming trailer!

7-28-05
2haxe and the mighty Torch have been completed!

Also made a funny Boar's Disgrace video.
Download it here!

7-24-05
All knives have now been completed.

And I bring you a new sneak peek video!

Download it here!

6-30-05
Two new v models have been completed.

6-26-05
Drum role please...the first v model is complete with it's full animation set. Browse below to guess which one! ;) Here's a little pictured preview.
thornlands00001iw.jpg

thornlands00020gd.jpg

6-25-05
Basic animation fixes have been completed, up next is something new and unique to the HL world, a true MS:C featurette created by yours trully made possible by our very own coder mastermind, Dogg.

Also I have already begun on weapon anims along with making v model animations to complement them.

I guess it's safe to say that there will be substantial amount of "handy" work involved here. emphasis on the handy :oldlol:

6-20-05

The new walk is done, nothing perfect but better than before and better than the old MS version ;)

Let just say if you have read carefully of my progress you can easily tell what's new in the animation department.

I also remade the jab animations and renamed two idles as emotes.

3rd Person Player Animations

-------------------------

IDLE

idle .. Completed

EMOTES

attention .. Completed

stretch .. Completed

sitdown .. Completed

WALKS

walk .. Completed

stand_squatwalk1.smd .. Completed

RUN

run .. Completed

CRAWL

crawl .. Completed

crouch_idle .. Completed

JUMP

jump .. Completed

SWIM

swim .. Completed

treadwater .. Completed

DEATHS

die_backwards1.smd (NOT BLEND)

die_backwards

die_forwards

die_simple .. Completed

die_spin

gutshot

headshot

COMBAT

aim_battleaxe_blend1

aim_battleaxe_blend2

aim_block1_blend1

aim_block1_blend2

aim_bow_blend1

aim_bow_blend2

aim_clawborn1_blend1

aim_clawborn1_blend2

aim_dagger

aim_fists_blend1 .. Completed

aim_fists_blend2 .. Completed

aim_fireball

aim_longsword_blend1

aim_longsword_blend2

aim_punch1_blend1 .. Completed

aim_punch1_blend2 .. Completed

aim_shortsword_blend1

aim_shortsword_blend2

battleaxe_swing1_blend1

battleaxe_swing1_blend2

bow_fire

bow_aim_to_stand

longsword_swipe_blend1

longsword_swipe_blend2

longsword_parry

prepare_fireball

stance_normal_lowjab_r1

stance_normal_lowjab_r1

stance_normal_lowjab_r2 .. Completed

stance_normal_lowjab_r2 .. Completed

stance_normal_flchlth1

stance_normal_flchmedh1

throw_fireball

1st Person Animations

--------------------------

WEAPONS/SHIELD(s)

Axes
|
2haxe .. Completed

Blunts

Bows

Smallarms .. Completed

Shields

Swords

Torch .. Completed

MARTIAL ARTS/SPELL(s)

Magic

Martial Arts .. Completed

6-08-05

All p_model assignments are finally done!

Up next is my signature work, ANIMATIONS!

P Model Bone Assignments

--------------------

WEAPONS

<p_axes.mdl>(9): Completed

<p_blunts.mdl>(9): Completed

<p_bows.mdl>(6): Completed

<p_swords.mdl>(10): Completed

<p_smallarms.mdl>(7): Completed

MAGIC: Completed

nothing in use here

PROP ATTACHMENTS (i.e. Armor, Sacks)

|

|

+

ARMOR

<p_armorvests.mdl>(3): Completed

<p_gowns.mdl>(1): Completed

<p_helmets.mdl>(1): Completed

<p_packs.mdl>(10): Completed

<p_shields.mdl>(3): Completed

|

|

+

MISC

<p_misc.mdl>(13):Completed

3-10-05

Good news! This will be a first in modding history....DRUM ROLL PLEASE! I am proud to say that we will be the first mod to have precission p model animations! What does this mean? It means that I will/have remade all the p model weapons to work with the new skeleton/biped so now I can animate the third person weapon anims without worrying about whether the weapon is properly placed in the player's hands ingame, because now they will be 100 percent in the right spot!

Here are images to illustrate what I mean!

BEFORE

edana0000.jpg
edana0001.jpg

AFTER Con Artist's eye for artistic realism!

edana0002.jpg
edana0003.jpg

No bipeds were harmed in the reconstruction of the p models.

I also have/wil create(d) appropriate folders in the models directory for the latest model files including animations. Be sure to check them out!

UP NEXT ON THE AGENDA:

Rephysique the rest of the p model weapons including new floor.smd submodels, Work on the rest of the weapon anims, work on the new spell casting anim, rephysique the other props i.e. armor, sacks, packs, sheaths, work on all the new v model anims.

3-08-05

I'm in the process of working on the axe anims. I finished making a new anim for the single handed axes! A good update indeed! :) Right now I am working with Dogg in fixing the anim glitches that we get with his newest scripts/dlls.

--ON THE AGENDA--

Axe Anims, Sword Anims, Knife Anims, Spell Anims, then on to FIRST PERSON ANIMS!

2-20-05

Numerous updates to the player anims including two death animations. I will hold off on extra death anims untill they may be required, I think we can handle two for now. I have also fixed the crouch alignment, previous anim had the player crouching into the floor, it's fixed now. I also fixed the walk so that his feet actually stay planted on the ground untill he switches his feet position upon walking. Up next for the agenda are the remaining sword/dagger/spell anims and then they are completed!

2-03-05

More anims completed! Me and Dogg are attempting to fix some of the glitches seen in game when running and crouching.

Whats left?

Death anims, and weapon anims!

Then I'll get started on the v model anims!!

1-20-05

The jump and the new martial arts dodge is completed. Up next is the crouch walk, treadwater, swim, weapon attacks/blocks/parries, deaths, run, and longjump (need to ask Dogg is this is supported)

1-12-05

I have completed the martial arts walk cycle, redone the entire skeleton to now use the fingers brilliantly made by Matt one of our modelers, remade the punch animation, added two low jab animations to use the melee combo system, redid the idle, and now I am working on the run animation, from there I will begin to work on the fireball spell.

I forgot to mention that I'm making all the martial arts v_model animations to fit the third person ones now that I know how to do them.

12-23-04

I have completed the mighty PUNCH attack.

Check it out here!

As usual, set your media players to loop the video.

Up next are the Fist Stance walk/run anims.

I might remake the v model punch anim too!

12-22-04

I have completed the walk cycle animation for the human male character. After some tests in game it does not seem to walk as he should. Further tests will commence later.

For now I have been working on the combat moves. In particular is my favorite hand to hand combat, the fists! I will complete the fists idle, and attack blends today and will fine toon them for ingame preformance.

Watch the preview of the fists idle here.

Sure he doesn't move as much but then again, do you in real life? It's all about realism! Plus I use myself as animation reference so what you see is me. :wink:

The actual punches are next!

11-4-04

And now I bring you the Troll's getup animation!

Download Here

Size: 1.83 mb

Codec: DivX

And yes Ewok, I will make the Goblin feel much more like the scavenging orcs from Lord of The Rings ;)

11-4-04

And in a little "behind the scenes" of the finished crouch_idle_deep, I bring you the following clip.

Download Here

Size: 5.48 mb

Codec: DivX

As you can see I have a good eye for direction, image, and sound. :)

This will be one of two idles for the Troll.

11-2-04

I have completed the rigging for the Troll character, and now I am begining the basic animation set for him, remaking all the animations he already had. For now I will only redo the ones needed untill the coder decides to support additional ones.

goblin.jpg