Easy way to present your re-skin/model design!

Chimz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So I was messing around in Adobe Flash, making random stuff, suddenly I got an idea to try something out. Bring the MS:C armor layout into Flash and do a re-skin or remodel or whatever. So I dug up an old picture from when I used to play, did the outlines and main lines of the armor (avoided the specific armor details like scales on Envenomed Plate) and got a layout of the MS:C Armor. Then did a little detailing and stuff which didn't really turn out great.
og8645hlnkry.png
As you can see it now just has some basic details, a little reshape of parts like the boots and has a not very creative color scheme. Just a basic one for testing.

Anyway the main message I wanted to say in this post, for those who create concept arts for MS:C Armors, if they can't implant that design on a 3D model of the game but they still want to see or show how it looks in-game, they can instead do what I did and just implant their design on a layout like this one (that I made) using whatever program they feel comfortable with (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator or etc.). I think that will make it much easier to present your work here in the forums. Not just for Armors, but any item in the game.

So, if you guys are interested I can upload a high resolution picture of the basic lines so you can get it and use it in your work. (NOTE: I only made the layout from this angle and none other.)
Although one thing I should mention, the original layout had shorter legs and a longer...uh...waste? Not sure how I can describe this one (my English isn't that good), I changed that to make it look better (now with longer legs, longer back and shorter waste area. Hope I'm describing this right.) However I think I can upload whichever layout you'd want. Original and Edited.

Extra: Avoid reading my real name. You'll never pronounce it right. Just waste your energy. lol
Reason is because it's Persian/Farsi and you can't really bring it to English without using a few spaces to make it sound right.

Last edited:

Chimz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok no screw that, presenting it on a template like this will not be half as good as presenting on a real model. And reskining isn't that hard. So....THREAD CLOSED!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Was about to say... Interesting, but...

So... This is what you quit working on your map for?

Chimz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So... This is what you quit working on your map for?

No. I quit working on my map because of my lack of knowledge and experience in HL mapping. One of my major issues was that I wasn't fully aware of how to use the Vortex Manipulation tool, which as you know is the best tool and without it things start to fall apart.

And because of my lack of knowledge, everything took long to make, half the things were badly made and I lost my inspiration.
Going back to the map now (after working on some maps in Sven Co-op), I can see how many mistakes I made and how blocky some parts looked.
Maybe now I can make it better.