Etnies was just browsing the forums!

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
OH etnies how i want your legal vegas bodie.. Btw, she lives in vegas, which made her legal at 16 :D. woot.. damn i'm good. Send me nudie pictures :O

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You all realize that Etnies is just Thothie, right? =S

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sabre said:
The Man In Black said:
You all realize that Etnies is just Thothie, right? =S

IP CHECK

Could it be so?

jonellipu5.jpg

Also, good to see you all again. Bringing up fun memories. Wonder if I can find that baseball clipart emoney used to represent him (pitcher) and zephyr (catcher). Actually, someone else will have to. My connection is slow and on the government's dime at the moment.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I ROFL'D.

But that picture has been photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels and the fact THAT HIS THUMB IS BEING CONSUMED BY HIS CHIN. Great work, anyway ;-)

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I ROFL'D.

But that picture has been MSPainted. I can tell by the pixels and the fact THAT HIS THUMB IS BEING CONSUMED BY HIS CHIN. Great work, anyway ;-)

Fixed. Last post for awhile, out of time.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Another huge success of a thread (by J-M v2.5.5) :mrgreen:
Y'know, I only make posts like these to see how people respond. Basically it's sort of a personality test.

Is that like testing someone's trust? ^^
Nah, J-M doesn't do trust-tests. That's my game (although no longer practiced with members of BoU, as J-M doesn't like me doing that; thanks to your reaction as my last one as a BoU member).
What J-M did seemed like an underrated version of MiB's daily discourse. Underrated in that you could tell he was messing around, and wasn't coming off as the forums-ass (a title MiB used to hold with pride).

That was amusing, though, to see such a large list of oldies returning. I remember a number of them in-game, back in the day, at one point or another. Some of them I had fought Lord-U skellie boss with on countless occasions... usually acting as the shield-holder to distract him (until the shield broke, then I ran away & cried). Those were the days back when I had a forums account that I never used, and was always playing in-game. It was actually when J-M recruited me to the BoU that I got active on the forums... a little bit. I used to be like Jabba, lurking for the first few months. Then I posted a few times. Then I posted a thousand times. :D
(I wonder if the oldies remember using a non-speaking Netrogor as the shield holder while they took quest spoils and xp rewards for hitting boss?)

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I remember we used shield holders, but I do not remember their names. There should be a tribute to the many unnamed valiant shield holders who sacrificed their pants (cause they usually shat in it once their shield broke) and their dignity (by running around afterwards) for the greater good that was the uberleet drop Skullblade. (More often than not, Undamadiddly would fall into the large lava lake that surrounded us and die anyways).

Was anyone here for the "fallen apostles" or "cheatergods" period of time for MS? When someone left the code in to be able to steal apostle armor and weapons from the devs and the cheaters got their hands on it... ah, the good ol' days... hitting them and getting 100% of the damage you hit back to your face, followed by dying and dropping all your items. Weedachu and Spacemonkey were our best hopes (since they had a jillion health)... sad, wasn't it?

Of course, this was all while I was under the alias TheKrusader145, later Mardonius, and finally Valorous.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I so remember all of that.. damned assholes. an the point of this thread is to be off topic in the offtopic but occasionally on topic of etnies. And if that makes sence you need a psychiatrist.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I never was around when cheaters got these so-called "apostle items", but I still laugh my ass off every time I realize that the old MasterSword devs were arrogant enough to put dev-only items in-game. Dynamic quests or not, no reason to do that.

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Tradion said:
I so remember all of that.. damned assholes. an the point of this thread is to be off topic in the offtopic but occasionally on topic of etnies. And if that makes sence you need a psychiatrist.

That made sense to me, but I'm a psychology minor. The original purpose of this thread, as created by J-M, was to point out that Etnies was browsing the forums, as the title simply puts it. Coaxing her to go out into the open from the depths of the lurkers and reply might or might not have been part of his original plan, but it did happen. Soon afterwards, the other old members came out of the thicket and it degenerated into a nostalgia-fest, with the purpose and focus of Etnies taking a backseat.

With the original purpose gone, the new unofficial purpose for this thread is for nostalgia and the main port thread for oldies to resurface.

Off the topic of that and more on my psych minor: my friends are trying to convince me to be a literature major, but I'm sticking to anthropology. My mom wants me to change to law, but I'm not having any of that. :p

J-M v2.5.5 said:
I never was around when cheaters got these so-called "apostle items", but I still laugh my ass off every time I realize that the old MasterSword devs were arrogant enough to put dev-only items in-game. Dynamic quests or not, no reason to do that.

I agree. They already had access to dev commands, and I didn't really see the purpose in having them being invincible with their dev items since DQ's are meant for people to be able to beat the "boss", or in this case, the dev.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think it was to fit with the backstory of the game. Lanethan needed lanethan's weapons and all that.. Hell "lanethan's bow" was one of the items.. Same as the Asderal blade and soforth. I allways wanted one of those >.>

The Valorous

New Adventurer
Reaction score
They got rid of the dev weapons by the time I was testing the MS beta + expansion for Evaan. That version eventually became the basis for MS:C cause that was the game and the scripts that I gave to buddha, kILL, Kuro, and Trad (in an effort to get more testers to help test with me... it gets lonely when it's only you and Evaan, and Evaan is 8 timezones away from you), and it was the most stable dev/tester version we had. I do think, however, that the code for such a thing still exists, it just doesn't have a model or anything else attached to the code.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hell, might be worth going through all the files again and finding which ones aren't even used anymore and poof, gone.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Valorous said:
I remember we used shield holders, but I do not remember their names. There should be a tribute to the many unnamed valiant shield holders who sacrificed their pants (cause they usually shat in it once their shield broke) and their dignity (by running around afterwards) for the greater good that was the uberleet drop Skullblade. (More often than not, Undamadiddly would fall into the large lava lake that surrounded us and die anyways).
It was horrible... you hear the "cling, cling, cling!" of your shield... you see the health indicator showing the shield going from "800, 537, 222"... you scream "GIVE ME ANOTHER SHIELD, SHITEEEEE!!!!"... and then you run in circles and cry as you die. I was one of the major shield holders in my time... and now I'm depressed that I am not remembered... as I held many shields and persisted at that needed duty (lest Undies owned everybody)... :(

The Valorous said:
Was anyone here for the "fallen apostles" or "cheatergods" period of time for MS? When someone left the code in to be able to steal apostle armor and weapons from the devs and the cheaters got their hands on it... ah, the good ol' days... hitting them and getting 100% of the damage you hit back to your face, followed by dying and dropping all your items. Weedachu and Spacemonkey were our best hopes (since they had a jillion health)... sad, wasn't it?
Yea, I was. Those were amusing days.
Remember who "asdas" was? When Lanethan or another dev came onto a server, he'd super script steal all of their shit and chuck it into the pit in the Edana temple. I remember him because the first hour I was in-game on the MS1.0 release with pickpocketing, and hiding in the shadows technique (yes, there used to be a pickpocket skill and an ability to hide in the shadows based on the lighting around you)... those were the good old days. Pick pocketing shopkeep NPCs and hoping their fistz of DEWM didn't kill you... :p

P.S.
I'm going to study law; starting with a dual-enrollment program to attend high school & college at the same time (I am already picking out my classes). A shame you aren't learning law, but I suppose the world needs anthropologists. ^^

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So is it pretty common for people from way back in MS's history to show up randomly every once in a while? I thought I was kinda the only one who would pop in, be pretty active for 2-3 weeks, then disappear for over a year.

ante_delonge

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wolfhound said:
So is it pretty common for people from way back in MS's history to show up randomly every once in a while? I thought I was kinda the only one who would pop in, be pretty active for 2-3 weeks, then disappear for over a year.

Let's break eachother's legs, shall we?

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Only a year bud, I think the last time i was on was 2-3 years ago :p

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
p_k, rofls.. i remember that kid.. I just don't remember anything about him.. Would he be proud?

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Good by me then. Pyro Kai, that's what it stood for.. took me a minute.. yup.. well gg