+hook/rope still considered a cheat?

PatMartins

New Adventurer
Reaction score
+hook/rope, to my knowlege, doesnt do anything, as there is no grapple hook or ninja rope on [FN] servers. So why is it still considered 'cheating'? Is there some client-side form of the mod available or something?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Server side mod. There's still a lotta FN servers that come and go. (It's also not a grapple thing, it's an entity control thing.)

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I would consider any AMX mod that's not base-roots AMX cheating. This means Grab/Rope/Parachute/Slap/Slay etc...

Also Entmod... :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We don't allow AMX on [FN] servers anymore.

We did, back in the day, because AMX automated a few tasks that MSC couldn't (including the crashed.cfg restart thing), even had a list and link of AMX approved plugins designed specifically for MSC... But the script and code has since evolved to plug all those holes, and much like maps of the era, for every one honest MSC related AMX plugin, there were a hundred cheat plugins. (Something the old dev team would go on about for dozens of pages, even before I came along.)

Though I still use it off [FN] for development. The dev logger and entity prop info plugins are handy.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
We don't allow AMX on [FN] servers anymore.

We did, back in the day, because AMX automated a few tasks that MSC couldn't (including the crashed.cfg restart thing), even had a list and link of AMX approved plugins designed specifically for MSC... But the script and code has since evolved to plug all those holes, and much like maps of the era, for every one honest MSC related AMX plugin, there were a hundred cheat plugins. (Something the old dev team would go on about for dozens of pages, even before I came along.)

Though I still use it off [FN] for development. The dev logger and entity prop info plugins are handy.

If I ever get my FN server working again I'll be sure to turn off AMX then, thanks for the heads up.