Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
IDEMARKS_TOWER CONT.
IDEMARKS TEMPLE

I'm quite new to mapping; but i'd like to make a simple map, Allow me to explain.

This will be the map continued to be lore friendly within the ruins of idemark's pillar of light guild/fortress, and after defeating all the enemies... you will see the orb flying around the ceiling and a future transition (if it has not been used yet, i'd like to use it for this transitional, lore friendly map.)

In the beginning, you will be approached by ghost priests that once lived in the temple, forwarning about the presence of idemark and to not disturb him, but as the map goes on.. you refuse to listen to the priests and walk past them into a barrier leading into two chambers, to unlock the boss room.

The map will contain some more of oyster's sweet amazing music (perhaps even some music in the msc map directory used for the boss fight;) However, this map will contain a huge boss, named The "Troubled Remains of Idemark" which are the parts of the soul of idemark that he has imbued within the fortress to keep it from aging as fast as it would've been before the humans came. Idemark will speak into quote "Why have you disturbed my presence?" which allows further dialogue within the chamber temple to the humans who have invaded his presence and has ruined the protection of the ruins, allowing them to decay again... and after the battle (which will take many 800+ HP players,) the temple will begin to collapse (with the system you can wait as long as you want) and the ghost priests apostle of idemark, would speak to you seperately for a reward; not with only what good loot that will hopefully be placed in the chests. Then as you transition.. Picture the Ghostly Priests dissapearing into thin air as you escape into someone else's transition map, they have seeked freedom and released the zeal of idemarks press of his soul imbuing the fortress.

(Hope I can pull this off, or I might as well say.. Ill take some help for this great lore friendly map idea.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, ya might wanna check up on some lore first... Idemark and Lanethan kinda "fused" souls at the end of the Age of Blood, shortly after Idemark got skewered by Lor Malgoriand (I guess I can use the term "fused", given your signature), which is why Lanethan became the Apostle of Pathos. Presumably, they no longer exist as separate beings.

http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/lorez_JAN2015.rar
(with special attention to Lanethan_MSC_Story.mht)

Tempted not to say anything though - whatever keeps you working on it... We've got an in-game book function now, so we'll iron all this out, eventually.

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ty for enlightening, I printed out the lore of MSC into a book about a month ago, read it twice. Just must've havent been thinking clearly.