<Insert skins here>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
In before the necro post joke...

I'm afraid I can't add any new armors till I figure WTF is up with the Pheonix armor/Orochi's cloak not appearing correctly. I may, in the end, just give up on it though and write it off as the new armor-display bug, as it defies all logic.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Can I see/hear the evidence? and apply any knowledge I may have to help the situation at all?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Older armors work just fine, not the newest two armors. maybe its some mistake in the model, or try removing orochi's crest to see if it gets fixed

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Gaz said:
Can I see/hear the evidence? and apply any knowledge I may have to help the situation at all?

I think its a script problem, not a modeling problem.

The model appears fine on the client. But appears to be the 11th model in the submodel set to everyone else.

It makes absolutely no sense, as all the armors use the same base, just with different submodels, so if it affects one, it should affect them all, yet it only affects the Pheonix armor, and Orochi's jacket (presumably every submodel after the 11th).

The pesky model is msc/models/armor/p_armorvest.mdl

Submodels actually number from 0 in the scripts, so it's index 10 and beyond that fubar for them. One thing I haven't tried is breaking up the armor models into two submodel groups, with no more than 9 in each group, and tweak the scripts to point at the second group, as it maybe some sort of odd byte limitation in server to client messages. (Even though, one would think that would mess up other things, like crests, and it don't.)

edit: Grrrr...
I can't do that without risking skewing textures. I thought I had the source for the current p_armorvest.mdl from Orochi, but it looks like I don't. God knows if/when I can get it from him.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I decompiled it and separated them into two model files, uploading in a sec. Source included.

EDIT: Linky

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually the issue is when you decompile you get these VERY fine lines in the players face, and along some armor seams.

I wasn't thinking of making two seperate models, but two seperate submodel groups. (Which, I already did thus:)
Code:
$bodygroup "armor1"
{
blank
studio "armor"
studio "armor2"
studio "armor3"
studio "armor4"
studio "armor5"
studio "leather_e"
studio "studded_e"
studio "red"
studio "green"
}

$bodygroup "armor2"
{
blank
studio "armor6"
studio "armor7"
studio "coat"
studio "orocoat"
}

I eventually hope to migrate the hats and maybe some other stuff to this p_armorvest.mdl in a futher effort to model consolidate, so we can add stuff more freely (like say, new summons?). But gotta see if this helps anything first.

Sadly, it's something I can't test without getting people together with an alpha pack, and I do not think there will be time before release (especially given the fact that I'll be on a plane Friday, and not back until Saturday eve.). The one I setup still displays on the client okay, but it may have those little lines until I get the original source from Orochi. (And again, no idea if it actually resolves the issue.)