Love's Flame

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Just letting you all know that I have not been slacking off with the story writing. I asked for these forums, and I intend to put them to good use.

Crow said:
Good god write a novel why don't you :D

I tried, I tried.

My newest story, Love's Flame, was started early morning August 21st and has since grown to 20 pages (including the cover page). While this is still shorter than Lanethan (It's about 2/3 the length if I put them in them in the same font), it is the longest story I have written to date. It's even longer than the plot of Alien Element (Game Squirrel and I are "working" on).

Currently, it is under review by a few proof readers (HumanSteak, P|Barnum, Husky). Depending on what their review is, I shall either add on more detail (as I want to, but don't know if it will get even MORE boring) or just release it now.

This is another story on Halier island focusing on the elf Lartebya. As you progress through the story you'll discover the many different meanings in the title - Most of which were accidental. There are also two quotes on the front page, both of which pertain to the story.

The first quote if from one of my favorite artists, John Hiatt. The quote "The heart will remember, the burning fire, the next time you feel the flame, of desire" is from his song "Cry Love". I highly suggest looking up John Hiatt. He's been around for a long time and is an excellent Rock/Blues/Semi-Country singer.

The second quote is by Cheap Trick. The quote "Whenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head upon, Remember: after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the Flame" is from their song "The Flame".

I felt I must give credit to them moreso than in the story. I think there may have also been another quote from John Hiatt snuck in, but I'm having a hard time remembering where. I had to resist urges to throw them in at all possibly times ;-)

Edit: Linky

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Double Post - Story Link up. Enjoy.

I'm gonna go to bed >_<

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
MiB never double posts!

Anyway, Its a really good read so far. Can't wait to finish it!

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Haven't gotten a chance to read this yet.. will soon tho, I promise ;)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea it was really good. But I have questions for MiB... Spoilers so Ill ask him in private.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Read as well...Not too bad, but some grammar mistakes slipped through ;)

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, it happens =\ I 2 files at the moment, one with P's changes, one with Steak's. I have yet to combine the two and upload >_<

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Linky dun wanna work becuase of the apostrophe >_> Just Copy paste it