Master Sword: Unite port to VRChat idea

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
So for the past few years, I have been slowly learning how to use the Unity SDK and create avatars for VRChat. Eventually I would like to learn how to make worlds as well. Plenty of tutorials and other creators I can lean on.

My idea starts out by taking the maps, models, textures, scenery, etc of the first few levels and port them into a VRChat world for players to explore and learn of this amazing RPG.
The next step would then to add NPCs to the world, add idle animations, maybe learn how to animate a walk cycle. Could add the sound clips NPCs say at random as well.

As far as actual RPG gameplay goes, VRChat uses UDON scripting. I don't know much of anything about coding or scripting, just texture work and some SDK experience.
Someone familiar with UDON could implement a simple RPG gameplay, but it will have to be Roguelike. Progress like this in VRChat game worlds dont ever save. At least not yet.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most ideas like this never get much follow up. There's been many, many many ideas like this that don't see the light of day. It'd be great, but ultimately up to you and whoever you can get on board.