Moving to Source

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The Master Sword Continued project will now be moving to the source engine! We will finialy be able to shed the limitations that the 8+ year old HL1 engine has put on us, and soar again.

Granted, this change will not be easy. We are going to be hiring for just about every position starting....Now. If you would like to join the team, send an email to [email protected] with the position you are looking to fill, contact information, and some examples of your previous work and we will get back to you as promptly as possible.

Many of you are saying to yourselves "What about the HL1 version?" Well, the sad news is that we basicly have to just drop it. If you have a team of people willing to continue in the MS tradition, send us an email at [email protected].

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Holy shit! I love you even more now!

You have my full support and I might even consider joining as a mapper.
Did I mention yet that I love you?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
time to...fix hammer...damn... :(

that or i could test for you :)

though testing isn't incredibly useful...i'm awesome at finding exploits :)

(also i'd rather not see a full release with random things being broken that require 15 hotfixes)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Did I mention yet that I love you?

You can only say that if you aren't wearing pants.

LOL IM NOT WEARING PANTS! (litterally)

id like to do textures! i have like almost 100% of the old hl1 textures ported over that im still working on .... i was going to make a collection of some of the best msc textures and update them to look better in source... i can map but... i tend to get lazy with it... so lets not go there. um ill get to work on those textures and ill send u some of the VMF and VTF files when im done with them! ill be emailing you this too!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Source mapping is easy. There's so much cool stuff, like the I/O (Inputs and Outputs) system. It gives every entity the possibility to trigger other entities. So basically every entity can act like a multi_manager. The parent function is also very cool. This might sound complicated, but it isn't that hard, Crow.

Jester said:
I can model for you. Working on 3 source mods right now and have plenty of time :)
Which mods are those...?

Also, ceriux, porting textures isn't really enough. They need to be in much higher resolutions (512x512 for example).

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I'd help, but we all know that I'm as lazy as they get when it come to this stuff >.>. *nod*

Brawler

New Adventurer
Reaction score
iw ould help in the mapping department but im not that good still learning new stuff. maps i made is dod_the_wall lol such a fun map to play on.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Source mapping is easy. There's so much cool stuff, like the I/O (Inputs and Outputs) system. It gives every entity the possibility to trigger other entities. So basically every entity can act like a multi_manager. The parent function is also very cool. This might sound complicated, but it isn't that hard, Crow.

Jester said:
I can model for you. Working on 3 source mods right now and have plenty of time :)
Which mods are those...?

Also, ceriux, porting textures isn't really enough. They need to be in much higher resolutions (512x512 for example).

i know, i was just saying i had them. you can update old textures to hl2 quailty though.

sum of da grass im working on... "WIP"
wipgrass3.PNG

(someone took off the other pics so here's the closest final wip... kinda crunched though.)
any suggestions on it?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Question one: Are you planning on handing down the MS:C project to those willing within the community?

Question two: Are you planing in using anyhting from EoL? Or just going from scratch?

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Crow said:
Question one: Are you planning on handing down the MS:C project to those willing within the community?
Many of you are saying to yourselves "What about the HL1 version?" Well, the sad news is that we basicly have to just drop it. If you have a team of people willing to continue in the MS tradition, send us an email at [email protected].

If we can get something from EoL, we will

Tails

New Adventurer
Reaction score
btw make the shields block this time kinda like cs 1.6 cuz shields are useless in msc hl1

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well guess this is good bye for now...
till i get a compy that can go toe-to-toe with half-life2

i still cant wait to see what's gonna happen next with mastersword :p

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!! said:
well guess this is good bye for now...
till i get a compy that can go toe-to-toe with half-life2

i still cant wait to see what's gonna happen next with mastersword :p

dun worry ill still play the old msc even when ms:s is out.

Witness of God

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Kuroneko said:
The Master Sword Continued project will now be moving to the source engine! We will finialy be able to shed the limitations that the 8+ year old HL1 engine has put on us, and soar again.

Granted, this change will not be easy. We are going to be hiring for just about every position starting....Now. If you would like to join the team, send an email to [email protected] with the position you are looking to fill, contact information, and some examples of your previous work and we will get back to you as promptly as possible.

http://www.planethalflife.com/news/archive.asp check it out they mentioned us going on to source.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
you know, i'm both happy and sad it's moving to source and the hl1 version is being "discontinued" so to speak... here's why:

1: me and my 2 sisters love to play this game on a LAN - 1 of our 3 pcs can't run hl2, so you see the problem there
2: much better looking maps, models, animations and the addition of physics.
3: more weapons, armor, possibly even clothing for mages/wizard/whateveryouwanttocallthem, even more monsters and npcs, more, more, more...
4: um.. i've listed all i can think of

so, i'm happy and sad about the change of engines, glad cause it's source and 10x better than the hl1 engine (even if it looks almost identical with the details set to the lowest - you can still notice the improvements everywhere), and sad cause of the fact that only 2 of the 3 people in my house will be able to play it anymore (at least at any one time)... stupid "bittersweet" concept, i'd smite you if you were real