MS:C Installer (AiO/All-In-One)

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Master Sword: Continued Installer (AiO/All-In-One)

Alright, well as you guys have seen, I've gone installer happy :)

This installer contains a base install of MS:C 1.0 with the latest betapack (MAY2007a).

This installer also comes with an UNINSTALLER if you want to uninstall MS:C (again, for newbs who don't exactly know how to right-click and hit the delete button).

One more thing, this uses a better steam finding method (I think)

NOW FOR THE GREATEST FEATURE OF ALL

I PRESENT TO YOU ALL, THE CRAPPY AUTOUPDATER

^-This auto-updater when run (still gotta fix stuff around, but i'll label my installer as "beta"), will update your installation to the latest (if you use my installer). The auto-updater might still need some work though, which I will do later. Basically, it checks the version of your local files to the version on the webserver, if it is out of date, it automatically downloads the patch and patches it for you. (This feature might not sound like alot, but it took the most work after trial and error :( )

If you want to update any existing installation to my system, just install over your current MS:C folder (WARNING: This will overwrite all existing files, so backup your configs and such)

Now for the file info:
Link: http://msc.ebytes.us/
Share (Directory): Master Sword: Continued
Installer Filename: msc_install_MAY2007a.1.exe
Version: MAY2007a.1
THE ABOVE IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DOWNLOAD THE MASTER SWORD: CONTINUED UPDATED INSTALLER, GETTING THIS PACKAGE ANYWHERE ELSE USUALLY CONTAINS A VIRUS OR MODIFIED FILES
*The server is located in Texas with ThePlanet, so speeds should be pretty fast. I test d/led and I'm on the east coast. The d/l gave me speeds of as high as my internet could take ;)

MD5SUMS CAN BE FOUND IN "md5sum.txt", in each share or folder

*Older versions and older patches can be found in "Previous" under "Master Sword: Continued", but there's not really much sense in using them

If you have any questions or require support, please post here.

Ooohhh, pictures now :)
Its a pretty darn good looking installer?
http://msc.ebytes.us/images/mscinstall1.png
http://msc.ebytes.us/images/mscinstall2.png
http://msc.ebytes.us/images/mscinstall3.png

Note: This installer *should* work for servers too, but could someone check for me? (You might need to manually browse to the install folder, as in ".\half-life\msc")

Note2: All maps are ripented to the latest version :)

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright its finally uploaded and ready for download, my internet died after I left :\

Some feedback/comments/suggestions would be nice ;)

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Great idea , but next version you should include an auto updater. :D

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh boy, more coding to do xD, how about i make a update notifier, which then tells you to download the patch :p

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
that is real easy to make. if someone make an auto updater. then who is going to host the files?

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Me! I host the installer package, map package, and all that, who else did you think hosted all that?

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG OMG.... I forgot to make the installer write one registry key... *so mad*

Oh well, if any of you have downloaded it, get the patch for MAY2007a.2
If you didn't, just use the fixed install file.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Note2: All *default* maps are ripented
The custom maps have had a lot of critical ripents done to them to. Especially Skycastle, WW3d, and to a lesser degree ms_snow.

Humming Bird

New Adventurer
Reaction score
If you read my first post, you see I have updated it. Read it for more information.