New map design! [Lacking name for now]

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Based on various comments from a LOT of people, I have designed a Thornlands like map. That is, a map where there's a lot of exploration, free roaming monsters that you don't HAVE to kill, and an in-map quest (as opposed to quests where you have to travel between maps). This will be a lower level map (20- area, I think)

Mapper Required:
Because of how this map is designed, I want the mapper to be someone who knows how to turn fields into "OMG THAT LOOKS GREAT" ;-) The main point of the map is that it's easy on the players and easy on the eyes. The terrain includes a mansion (of sorts), a cave network, fields, farm lands, gardens, and a lake/river. If you think you're up to it, shoot me a PM or catch me on MSN/Yahoo. I'll be putting the finishing touces on the design and the dialog this week. I'll probably also get a story up, soon.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
can I apply for "Dark's secret field of 5 waves of 5 huge aggresive boars" with a chest spawn?

Edit: Since there is no map name that starts with an "A" yet, how about "The land of Aurius"

wssplat

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Is 'Velaria' taken as a map name? Also, I wouldn't mind a new map to play :D

Revenir

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I would, but you know I'm remaking Orc Arena for the Thothmiester. Gonna start working on the cave system tonight ^-^

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting map, Man In Black.
Sounds just like Riverwind :mrgreen: (but less hard)

Also, Revenir, what will happen to the current orc_arena once you finish your remake?

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Revenir said:
I would, but you know I'm remaking Orc Arena for the Thothmiester. Gonna start working on the cave system tonight ^-^

It's funny, 'cause you think I hadn't offered it to you when you acted like an ass.

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I've already found a mapper... I think... Not really sure what's going on. Post to confirm, if ya are truly mapping this (next patch) ;-)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yes... I will make your map.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Wooo! Vertex Manipulation FTW!

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If you want, you can do a second map branching off from my map (which will release soon)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
These better be some big ass branching maps. I'm tired of small, quest maps. :|

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm going to get as many transitions in as possible. I'd like it to offer more maps plenty of places to connect to daragoth. Oh, and a side note. If you read Thothie's world map thread, you may just find a note that he wants a map between thornlands and heras.

>_>

<_<