Ok so we got another troll.

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So dridje, what your saying is we should just let everyone in? those people who mic spam and run around going "hey, hey, hey, your a fag"? From the sounds of it not only do you not play frequently, but you dont care anymore, we should just have everyone come and wreck the mod with trolling, is that it?

You stand to their defense now, but I gurantee you without the shadow of a doubt, you would rage and rant about it after going through it, everyone thats had to deal with people such as the aformentioned chucklesthecheat, and players like liam whom reguardless of teling them to not mic spam they still do it.

Oh and HEY how about this one, the other day some person was IMing my bro over steam friends trying to get him to give out a horefrost, wanna jump to his defense too? maybe just another overzealous begging lowbie? oh wait...theres no way to defend people going so far as to beg out of game.

What im saying, and I feel you clearly misunderstood the whole point of my statement, we need to get rid of people like chucklesthecheat, this mod dont have the highest reputation, but we dont need them commin in here and driving away what little players are actually worth it. As ive said, there are some out there that are worth it...but you get the completely disrespectful plainly obvious that their troll types.

Im gettin really tired of trying to explain it so at this point, im done on this thread, lock it, drop it in NML, do whatever cause no ones gonna understand it anyways. what was needed to be done is done.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
vecraude said:
So dridje, what your saying is we should just let everyone in? those people who mic spam and run around going "hey, hey, hey, your a fag"? From the sounds of it not only do you not play frequently, but you dont care anymore, we should just have everyone come and wreck the mod with trolling, is that it?

My apologies if you said more on this thing in the rest of your post, but I got TL;DR on it.
Anyway, from what I understand, that is not what he is saying. He is saying, let everyone in and then filter out the trolls (by banning them and such).

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
vecraude said:
Oh and HEY how about this one, the other day some person was IMing my bro over steam friends trying to get him to give out a horefrost, wanna jump to his defense too? maybe just another overzealous begging lowbie? oh wait...theres no way to defend people going so far as to beg out of game.

Probably Draca on steam friends, Cola Cloa ingame. Yesterday i joined 2 newbies on gatecity, they were doing the golden axe quest, Cola Cloa was there and he kept saying this for around 20 minutes and then he left, i completly ignored him, took him 20 minutes to understand my message(...):
"zeus"
"zeus"
"zeus"
"zeus"
"How many horafrosts do you have?"
"ZEUS"
"ZEUS"
"ZEUS"
and so on for like 15 minutes...

A month ago i told him i didnt have anymore "horafrosts" and i wasn't planning on getting any spares either, since my characters are all filled with items already.
And then, if you help this kid get the items he asks for, it will take him 2 minutes or even less to ask for a new one. I know this because i helped him out once, then he asked for aura of fire like a minute later...

Just saying this is one of the latest things that has been going on with some of us who play often. I'm pretty sure this guy goes around everyday pursuing high lvl players to help him get x item then request y item after getting x item.
From what i know, this wouldn't be a reasonable ban, but he annoys people off at times by either making too many questions/requesting items or simply just being dumb and not following ingame tips when given away, like not breaking that damn purple glow'ish door on the_wall.

That's been my exact point when i started commenting about it. Why do something like this, when there's players who frequently play this game, who would get pestered all day long and probably quit. I say it once more, i only agree with you guys if this mod was close to an end, making it "open" right now to any type of person out there, wouldnt be something good. By being close to an end, i mean, being far in progress related to the new ideas that were discussed months ago. Or, you can try luring some players in when something big happens, like this full installer that thothie was talking about for the next patch. Would be good if we got small amounts of players joining at a time by advertising or something of the kind the newest update in some other website, like moddb ms:c profile.

N1ghtmare

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Jelly said:
Mute him?

That's what I normally do for mic spammers or people I just plain don't want to listen to :wink: It would be nice if there was a way to mute the player as a whole though, so you wouldn't have to worry about them spamming with text either, thus the only thing that would bug would be them messing up runs you are doing.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Only person I have muted in MS:C is Avacado Maelstrom.

Lol, same. His mic spamming is horrible and causes overflows/lag... :roll:

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I think some people actually like it. :?

Srgnt Rehab

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Dridje was commenting that we shouldn't filter people who want to join the community, but the ones that are already there. He wasn't saying that the trolls weren't a problem.

Chucklesthecheat

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh thats ok, i stopped playing this game long ago, The community was full of butt-hurt 6 year olds who couldn't play the real half-life game because they said the word "ass". so long faggots. :twisted:

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Chucklesthecheat said:
Oh thats ok, i stopped playing this game long ago, The community was full of butt-hurt 6 year olds who couldn't play the real half-life game because they said the word "ass". so long faggots. :twisted:

Perfect description of self.
So butt-hurt from the ban that you have to start greiving here.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, shouldn't feed the trolls, but just so everyone (else) calms down, Lord K will remove him soon enough. I'll axe him from FN as well, when I get the chance. No one should have to deal with this.