Problem in mapping for MSC

OverKill1376

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi, so I've been trying to make a map for MSC and see if I can make it good enough to be considered for the mod.
Anyway, I've made the map's general structure, I've placed ms_player_spawn and ms_player_begin and the map compiles perfectly. But whenever I try to launch the map, my game crashes. 2 of the loading bars get filled and then my game crashes with no error messages or anything.

What seems to be my problem? I'm new to MSC mapping btw.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I think you need an "ms_player_spec" in there also. Also make sure that there's no holes in the map that lead to the void and that there's a source of light- although I don't think those two things would cause crashes. But just in case

Also are you using the allinone.wad?

Edit: I don't remember if it was this mod or another source game- but I recall maps having spaces in the name causing issues.

OverKill1376

New Adventurer
Reaction score
greatguys1 said:
I think you need an "ms_player_spec" in there also. Also make sure that there's no holes in the map that lead to the void and that there's a source of light- although I don't think those two things would cause crashes. But just in case

Also are you using the allinone.wad?

Edit: I don't remember if it was this mod or another source game- but I recall maps having spaces in the name causing issues.

I placed a ms_player_spec but it didn't work.
Also, when I say that that it "compiles perfectly", it means that there are no leaks or things that could cause errors.
Map has lights.

No I'm not using allinone.wad.

My map's name does not include any spaces in it, neither do any of my configurations. I'm not a rookie.