Questions. (+ possible bug?)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
1 - Can backpacks hold 32 or 16 items? I recall it being 32, but I'd like to be sure.

2 - Could it be possible to store shields into our bags or ticket them?

3 - When putting the Urdualian Shield in a small bag (this sack fits everthing!) the slowness of the shield won't go away.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
1) Backpacks and Big Bags hold 32 items.

2) You cannot ticket shields under the current banking system, for the same reason tickets go into whatever container the original item would. This is a limitation that'd be very hard to undo. *MAYBE* MiB can get the original bank system up again, but no promises.

3) That's cuz the small sack is bugged to hell. Working on idears to fix that.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Belmont said:
3 - When putting the Urdualian Shield in a small bag (this sack fits everthing!) the slowness of the shield won't go away.
Suggestion: Put whatever bows you have in your weapon holster (this is possible, just not default) to free up slots on your back. Use one of those free slots to place your Urdulian shield.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
2) You cannot ticket shields under the current banking system, for the same reason tickets go into whatever container the original item would. This is a limitation that'd be very hard to undo. *MAYBE* MiB can get the original bank system up again, but no promises.

Wouln't it be possible to allow shields to be stored in backpacks and/or bigsacks? That could also allow to ticket them if I'm not mistaken.

Or another more annoying idea would be to have a new item that works like a weapon strap, but it only holds shields.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you place two items that use the same type of wear slot in a container, one of them vanishes. So we prevented bagging of shields to stop that from happening.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know such a bug existed...

Another question - do arrows now have weight? Or is the weight bow-related?

Because if it is bow related, I'd love the Thornbow to have the same arrow weight as the others bow because you can't shoot far at all with the Thornbow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm... Thornbow should have the same range as the longbow, iirc... But we've been having weird stuff with dedicated servers and gravity lately, so that may not be working as it should.

Arrows and bolts, however, make the weight. They are extremely light, but add up fast, especially in these new larger bundles.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Ah, I just picked up an elven long bow to test and the arrows are way lighter than the Thornbow's one, the arrows of the Thornbow just fly down really fast for some reason... (I think it's faulty on the script side, since I tried both bows in the same server and the elven long bow was still the same as always)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Elven longbow does have greater range. Thornbow's range is equivalent to the standard longbow.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think there's huge gravity problems then because it's almost impossible to hit something 15m away with the Thornbow right now.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'd say Thornbow has the orcish bow's range but the elven's accuracy.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
I'd say Thornbow has the orcish bow's range but the elven's accuracy.

Yeah I took up a bow tree and it's quite much the same range, I really think the Thornbow should be upgraded to Elven bow range or alteast a bit more than it's current form.

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
As I recall, the short bows had a higher rate of fire, if thornbow has the range of a short bow, what kind of rate of fire does it have?

I don't have one yet, however, archery has been my main weapon for the month and a half I've been playing and I spend more time shooting from the lower mid range just outside the circle of mellee fighter than I do sniping from afar.
In fact I used steel bolts in the light xbow as much as could find them... I used to spend a lot of time aiming at the ceiling, as you can imagine.

If the thornbow does as much damage as advertised and if the rate of fire were at least as good the Elvenbow's (if not better) I'd be happy with the range of the orcish bow. But this is extrapolated from what has been said about it without actually trying it.