Some Daggers I drew up

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I got bored....Very bored...in Chemistry and Statistics classes today, so I started wandering off into my mind, and MSC popped up! I thought....damn....I need more daggers....so I started drawing with my incredibly shaky hands, and drew up 3 Daggers and came up with a few Ideas.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/ ... 1190244081

First lets look at the Top Dagger, the Death's Blood Dagger.

My original Idea came for a Dagger that used your health to deal massive damage. In my Mind a Saw someone Slicing the blade across their palm, Blood flowing into small seams in the blade, flowing to a Red Jewel, then stabbing it into the (insert Monster).
The Idea was you do a Demon Claw type attack, but instead of draining all your mana, you take 50% of the damage dealt in damage (Is this Possible?).

Next, Lets look at Dusk and Dawn together, because the idea came at the same time.

My Idea came up as a.....2 Handed Dagger! (its really two daggers as one Item) Dusk, held like a normal Knife, and Dawn like the FCK. The main thing I thought was "Damn....wish I could use both at the same time." so why not create a 2H dagger, that although seems slow in speed, Deals damage as if there where 2 attacks stacked on another. then came its ability's: Give it the speed attack on right click, Then just a normal power hit for a 1st charge. the 2nd and 3rd charges where hard to think of, but I came up with something like the Dark swords "Uber pwnage attack" but to a lesser degree, maybe like 2.5x the damage, in two attacks. The Final charge, what I would Call "Twilight Strike" Draining half your mana, and half your health, you would strike 4 times, each with the same 2.5x damage, and stunning the enemy for a few seconds from the raw speed of the attack.

Again....This is what happens to me when I forget to take my medication, sit around In boring classes, and have one too many energy drinks....(Hey....I only drank 4 Monsters....)

Be kind....I'm tired, bored, and not very good at taking negative (without good reason) criticism...

oh and.........I forgot....

[Edit] Remembered! Don't mind the small thing on the side....I tried thinking up a new look for the Fang's tooth dagger.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
Dawn and dusk dagger sounds like the weird swrod in Oblivion :O

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like these ideas and the daggers don't look bad at all. The idea with it draining your health gives new strategy to the game. Also the 2 handed daggers sound good as well. Though I don't think they should be slow.

Maybe the 2 handed idea can give way to a new stat group. Create combos for maximum damage and level the stat up. Could be with swords, axes, hammers. Though a lot slower with the heavier weapons.

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
@Weissber - What?

@ P - Thanks and in slow, I meant about the speed of uhh....maybe and Elven short sword? Hah, The Health drain does give you great options, because people with low SC would do decent damage, and take a bit of damage themselves, but high lvl SC users will almost have to die just to use it once. I also thought it should slower you to a minimum of 1 health, because the higher ups do a TON of damage, and half of that might kill them.

The idea can also work with normal weapons too, create a dull set "Dull Dual Wield Knives" and so on, maybe like you said, creating a new stat, "Dual Wield" that has 6 sub stats:

Balance
Proficiency
Small Arms
Swords
Axes
Blunts

The first two would level like any other skill, and depending on what you wield, it would increase the appropriate weapon sub stat (increasing damage for it).

Holy shit....I must be sick....I am Thinking up pretty good ideas....

I drew Two more weapons today, and will post the sketches soon.
The names are: The Bale Knife, and The Wyvern Blade. ( I also think, all my daggers could be edited into swords if needed, stretch them out, and make it a bit thinner)

and I will say this now, yes all my sketches look a little Dark and twisty, I love the Idea of dark, Flowing, decent looking weapons, and a few look like they have skin or creature parts in them.

If anyone would Like to create a model for them, Go for it! as for colors/textures, I can describe them when needed. the only hard one would be the dual wield daggers, creating the animations for two hands on one screen (Attacking left and right randomly like fists, two types: Daggers [one upright holding, one backwards like the fck] then a normal like view for the others) , a Dual Stab animation, and a quad slash animation.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
i just skip read it so bascily what i saw was, u drew weapons that were called dawn and dusk daggers yes? theres something similar to that in oblivion expansion pack, the dagger (its sword in oblivion i think) changes from dawn to dusk when it goes into the night and the dagger changes into normal when its sawn again.

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ahhh....well....they stay the same, I have some back story to all my weapons....but don't bother. Dusk is held normally due to most swings would be in a downward motion, and Dawn in upwards.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p314 ... dBlade.jpg

There is the Bale Knife (it was originally bale dagger), and The Wyvern Blade.

The Bale Knife

A fusion of Demonic Flesh, and a masterwork Knife, it would most likely be in the hands of said demons. With a weak poison on its normal attack, Charged attacks would be almost basic :

1st Charge: Normal Power Strike
2nd Charge: A strike that steals some health
3rd Charge: A powerful, Deadly Poison strike that also Afflicts the minor poison on you (like the snake staff's charge)

Sounds basic to me, not an all powerful weapon (because undead are the main monsters in the game) with some nice things for mid level players.

The Wyvern Blade

Crafted from the teeth and horns or a long dead wyvern, This rare weapon might be found in long lost castles or forgotten cities. this Saber-like blade also has a poison attack.

1st Charge: Basic Power Attack
2nd Charge: Tooth Strike, hits with the embedded Tooth in the Hilt, inflicting a stronger poison, and draining some mana from you.
3rd Charge: another mind spew from me, Go into a "Corrupted" State, much like the demon blood. dealing damage over time to you and taking all your mana, increasing your damage based on your Affliction, it would last around 15 seconds, enough to drain your health nicely while giving you a damage boost.

(Rick's Insight time, I got the Corrupted thing from actual myths that wyvern's can poison and corrupt with their bite and breath)

I should really start drawing again....but I find myself the most creative in my Chemistry, Statistics, Physics, and English Classes.

WeissberV

New Adventurer
Crusaders
Reaction score
nice ideas, i've been itching to say this for ages but i couldn't be bothered saying it, i think that there should be weapons thatjust did high damgee and no special side damegeing side affect, like a high level PSB or something that that. From the PSB its all spiecal enchanted weapons that does amazing stuff like freeze or cast spells with weapons :/

scaredwolf

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well Imagine Dual PFCKs! even at my mid-level, I can deal about 50 per hit, and almost never miss, now 2x thats 100 per hit at almost the same speed! and all dual Daggers should get speed attack, seeing as daggers are meant for speed anyway, so thats a lot of damage, in a relatively short time.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Great drawings. They remind me of some weapons Cervantes used in Soul Calibur 2.