Some musique for MS:C

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Not bad, but they need something behind them other than just piano. Don't like that piano "type", either. It sounds so.. Electronic, if that makes sense (doesn't sound real would be a better way to phrase it, maybe)

Also, the second one reminded me of the edana temple song, but with a new instrument and different rhythm ;-)

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
it feels a lot like you could take this music somewhere but right now it mostly stays around the same tempo and even the same range of pitch, it was either the first or second song but at the end of the song i kept imagining it going into a higher key and adding more instruments, messing with the note progression a bit, but...it just repeated after that :p

the current music in ms (not the movie ones but the ones that were made by that single artist) definitely have a very lush feel to the melodies as well as using fantastical sounds (more stringed instruments, along with various ambient sounds like wind and chimes), and this sounds a little too different from the musical theme we already have in MS

i mean, besides the theme to conan and ronin >_>

edit: did lanethan make the music? because if so that's pretty badass, people who are both musicians and proliferate writers are awesome

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Dan Bruington AKA Lanethan is the musician who made most of our music.

...I asked him for sheet music the other day, but get this, he's so badass that he doesn't even know how to read sheet music, much less produce it. He just owns at all artistic stuff, I suppose.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Given a bit of time with it I could transcribe it if I got his permission. Would also get my ass back into writing music which I've been meaning to do. So if he gives me the OK on that, then I'd start when I found some free time and felt like doing it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I've been trying to play along, but everytime I find a starting note I like it quickly fails =\

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
If you would like to transcribe stuff into sheet music, I don't have a problem with that.

And it's not exactly that I CAN'T read sheet music. It's just that I suck terribly at it, so I'm just used to playing stuff by ear.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Awesome. I know how that can be, I too am a musician who favors his ear over sheets music.

So far I ahve the original MS version of Edana worked out and am working slowly on putting the new stuff from MS:C in to it.

Then I just have to do thornlands from scratch, and then whatever else I get a request for.

Kazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hey the first link for music omg the first one rocks (100 persent) and second one (10 persent)

NateTehGreatt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ear > Sheet; imo

I play by ear as well. I could be really good at it if I took some time to play more often. As soon as I get a new keyboard I'm gonna try to start a music creation hobby.

Cool music btw. A bit plain though. Finish the second one and add some more instruments to it. Sounds like it could be a kickass song =)

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
What did you use to make the msc soundtrack? Real instruments or something like FLStudio? I have FLStudio although most of my music is fast pasted trance/techno stuff.. not really MS:C kind of music.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Hardware:

Korg Triton LE

Software:

FLStudio
Sonic Foundry's ACID

FLStudio is a very competent sequencer, it can be used for much more than electronic music ( though, of course, that is its specialty ). I do most of my music composition in FLStudio, whether it be for MS or my own personal albums.

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've never been able to figure out how to put in multiple tempos in FLStudio (in one song) or how to install extra plugins.

khelben

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i use flstudio too.
He is really usefull with the right plug-in ;)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
My thoughts: The first thing could be used as an atmospheric piece of music that perhaps plays after some kind of event. I can't see it as the focal point of a maps music though. I also want you to add one last note to the end (probably 1/2 or 1 step above or below it maybe?). I feel like the very last note you have in there wants to go somewhere close by so that it will feel at rest.

The second thing you posted could work as a nice introduction to something like a village.