something that might help with latency on msc?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Cool but I don't dare using it to not get VAC banned :? anyone wanna try it? :wink:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hehe - i'm already vac banned :D

i may try it, but it sounds like something that automatically configures your rate(s) to be at peak efficiency

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll be including Pingbooster as an option in the next MSC AMX package, but it will be off by default. (Just gotta uncomment it to enable)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pingbooster works by forcing the HLDS to throttle your CPU for all it's worth like a 14 year old japanese S&M girl with a 49 year old man on his 20th year of marriage... But I digress...

Suffice to say, if you have CPU to spare, it can help sometimes. Valve has an internal variant that works by a command line switch (-pingboost 1|2|3) but it never seems to work as well as the metamod plugin.

...and I do run an insecure server, just to save CPU. VAC actually uses a lot of CPU, as it's periodically running DLL memory verification on all the clients against the server, in addition to looking for all the registered hooks.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
quite a few of the new servers that are going up have VAC still enabled ceriux...people just aren't turning it off -.-

it really should start off by default...

FuzzyFish

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
forcing the HLDS to throttle your CPU for all it's worth like a 14 year old japanese S&M girl with a 49 year old man on his 20th year of marriage... But I digress...

Best analogy ever!