WiP ms_wicardoven

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
replica said:
DOWNLOAD LINK

sorry for the delay. there were a couple nasty visual problems and some exploits that had to be sorted out. im not the original creator of this map(i dont know who is), but i am one of a few people that have worked on it(me being the one who finished it, along with thothie). this map comes with detail textures, so if you want to see them in game you have to type r_detailtextures 1. don't bother asking what rare items are in this map because i have no idea, and i don't think thothie will tell you. difficulty rating is 20-35. this map should be bug free, but if you find any throw me a pm. enjoy the map.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
orcs/undead in the appropriate places, i may even have parts where they fight eachother. for difficulty probably living dead/fragiles and blackhands/flayers, i wanna also add those voldar henchmen because theyre so badass and ive never seen them in any map.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you need them balanced up or down, tell me. Voldar and his buddies aren't used much, so it's not going to screw up any map if we make them stronger or weaker.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
oh, as for them chains...

some of the transparent textures are broken, so if you change the texture to a different chain it should work, dunno why its broken like that.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
actually i took a chain texture called item_### forget which number. i edited it in wally replacing the black with 255 blue and named it "{chains", i mustve done something wrong so ill have to fish around for an existing transparent chain.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Please tell me you did not fiddle too much with the room in the third picture. Cause that was pretty cool.

EDIT: Forgot to say: nice job :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
replica said:
actually i took a chain texture called item_### forget which number. i edited it in wally replacing the black with 255 blue and named it "{chains", i mustve done something wrong so ill have to fish around for an existing transparent chain.

The blue has to appear in a certain place in the palette - it's not enough for it just to be blue, it also has to be the last (256th) color in the palette.

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
0, 0, 255 (rgb) blue, must be in the 255 slot of the texture palette, its easy to fix, but it'd mean updating the wad, which I imagine is a big file?

Either way, me, or someone else can fix this no trouble :)

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
that was the problem. i had the 255 blue in as the 1st color. i just take whatever textures i edit or want as a custom textures and put it into a custom wad thats wadincluded so i wouldnt need to update any msc wads. i found a chain texture in one of the wicardoven wads thothie gave me.

the room in screenshot3 was slightly modified by me. i added those beams that run accross the ceiling and i changed the wood texture on the floor under the tombs. i also fixed some of the entities associated with that room. hopefully i can get some significant work done and have some new screenshots by the weekend(no promises).

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think i know what youre talking about and yes they do. the only problem with it is that there are so many rock gibs in one area and you get a nasty fps drop for about 10 seconds, i may use a non laggy alternative but theyll still spawn the same basic way.

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Just the name of this map was catching my attention, now that i've seen it... I can't wait!

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Seeing all of those torches is making me sick.

I mean, seriously... haven't you noticed how the torch repeats its .wav file over & over, and is really grating & irritating... I hate it, so much. I type stopsound in console, and within half a second it's back up.

Because of people getting stuck in doors, and those damned torches, I bound stopsound to P... so that I can stop anything if it auto repeats too much.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
thought id post an update before i go to sleep. im sorry to say i havnt gotten a whole lot of work done on expanding. i wasted a lot of time trying to get rid of the leaf portal saw into leaf errors but in the end i only made it worse. i really hope they dont cause any problems cause there are a ton of them, but as i walk around i see no problems and fps seems reasonable. i think i may give a crack at just redoing those cliffs.
screenshots:
expanding
another set of tombs(not finished)
i thought id take another shot of the fortress entrance because its done quite well
not much to critque on but give me some input anyways. i could always use more ideas too.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sorry for not posting any updates. this map is pretty much a learning experience for me, entity wise. somewhat with architecture too(seeing what those before me created). they had good techniques that ive been picking up. i havnt accomplished much since last update and i have no screenies but i can assure you it wont be too much longer till its finished.
i cant really give an exact day but i guess a week or more. my expanding of the map is almost finished. i have 3/4 areas of fighting done and the fourth is a mini boss type chamber for the undead portion of the map which will spawn treasure and i may require you to do in order to proceed to aluhundra desert(which doesnt exist yet so whatever).
After thats done ill have to search challs for the transition im gonna use(one was recommended i just gotta get a look and i wouldnt mind beating the map too cause i never have). once i see what i need to make im gonna redo the cliffs so i can get rid of the many leaf portal saw into leaf errors, and add the transition.
next, id have to add orcs and possibly orcs fighting skellies. all the areas for the orcs are finished so i just need to add them appropriatly. ill also have to add voldar and possibly associate him with a quest.
as you can see not a whole lot left to finish. redoing the cliffs will probably be the most annoying part but its for the better. hopefully i can get this thing finished and not be lazy about it.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
maybe you could include some bludgeons?
(joking...or ... well it would be nice to see a bludgeon somehwre monsters/bludgeon)

I did start on that map long ago.
i made voldar the boss and i made the sandroom under the skeletons a scorpion/spider room

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
bludgeonbludgeonbludgeon

theres going to be bludgeons in bloodrose...so hopefully gaz will have that model for us by the time the next patch comes along :roll:

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Your going to literally soil yourself at the new bludgeon :twisted:

Its hella sexy! Just need to finish the texture, and then animate it (allready rigged)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
you're going to soil yourself at the sight of bloodrose ;)

its hella....FRIGGIN MASSIVE!!! and i de-boringified it...and thothie thought it was done...

nothing like bloodrose is done until it wont compile anymore! ;)

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Best idea yet! I give you a thumbs up.

Make sure you put in a new boss!