Calruins Source

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Sorry soupersoup for uploading these for all to see, but its been so long.

Been working on calruins until souplyman reviews what I have in Sfor completed.
I've been working on setting up spooooooooky triggers and nice additions to the level that i'm sure all will appreciate.
All rooms are incomplete.

edit [screenshots removed] (i did this backwards)

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Oh my god I fucking love you. Not only does this look great, but it still feels like it could be calruin. Are you going to make the layout resemble the original at all?

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The layout is going to be SORT of the same. You must find entree to the castle. Rather than making the level like a tomb, I was thinking of making it calrian's fortress, bringing him back alive, and he waits for you at the top of his keep. The right path I was thinking about changing entirely, perhaps even taking out the riddle master and placing him in another level (give opinions if you hate me taking it out), just adding obstacles. Right is going to lead to jail (still multi leveled), and torture chamber where you will have to fight an onslaught of undead prisoners, etc. and fight a mini boss that yields passage to Calrian at his throne; and perhaps a catacomb(sub level, even)in this right passage. The left passage where you'd fight the blacksmith brother, is going to be a forge/black smith area where i was thinking i'd keep the black smith not sure if he'd be a second piece to yield passage to calrian's throne or if he would follow. and the straight path would lead to calrian's throne and perhaps a spider den.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Could it be a tomb connected to the castle trough a secret passage near calrian's sarcofagus?

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I see what you saying, and I do like it, but I'm uncomfortable with how I changed it to a jail, and then have his unholy grave next too it. Unless that makes sense.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well you could turn it into a mausoluem, just remove the iron bars and spice up the entrances. Many mausoleum's rooms are pretty much jail cells without bars and with coffins inside

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
good tip, taken.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If you plan on making the blacksmith part of the map, would be nice if you made a similiar room to the one we already have, except better quality (not implying that the one we have now is crap) and some battle scars from the past... It's like, revisiting the past, good memories for people who played ms:c. :wink:
And about bringing the blacksmith brother back, not sure if it's a good idea. Might be better if something new replaces him as he was put back into it's grave back in ms:c... Though i don't know much about the lore in ms:s.

Hell, if Ms:s is ever going to be released i hope the devs take stuff like this into consideration. Best stuff you can do in games that bring you back to old locations you played eons ago is having something that was left behind by someone else, turning it into a memory marking the place. If anyone played Metal Gear Solid 4 and the previous titles, you will know what i mean. :D

crazyghost

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Okay Okay! Last visual spoiler from me from this map. The feedback just helps. Fine details still being added to these rooms.

[edit] screenshots removed