Change in leadership

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Just an announcement letting everyone know that BoX will now be taking over as project lead for MS:S.

He is more qualified and has shown exceptional leadership skills over these past few months to show me he is able to handle the job. BoX will be able to manage the developer cohorts in a more efficient manner than I ever could. I will still be utilizing the PR role, so no worries on me going anywhere. Let us know if you have any questions!

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I feel like I should post something here, but to be honest, I'm not sure what. I guess just a basic history reference will be appropriate. When I was leader of this mod back in 2009-2010, we made great progress, but we had Rickler's MSS website up, and that's where we posted. After that website went down, and real life bit me, I gave leadership to Supersoup,( and he eventually gave leadership too Orochi, etc) To be Honest, myself and Orochi had some personal issues in the beginning of his acceptance. I don't remember the exact nature of these issues, but it's now in the past, and rightfully so.

Regardless, now MSS is again on the path to completion! I myself work best in production mode, so I will give few updates personally, but Red Cell is still the man! and here for community updates. We will maintain a very active link to the community!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
why not post some things you've accomplished since you've rejoined the team? and maybe something interesting you're working on now? so far all we've seen is the motd thing as far as i can remember?

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
ceriux said:
why not post some things you've accomplished since you've rejoined the team? and maybe something interesting you're working on now? so far all we've seen is the motd thing as far as i can remember?

Yeah I guess if you don't have access to the private source forums, it might seem that I haven't done much. Truth is we already have our second internal alpha build. All the menus and functionality for creating characters, selecting characters, stats, and inventory are in.
I see no reason not to share this now https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wgag0p84bgu5d/MSS
Some of them are a bit out of date (more developed since the pics were taken)

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Ahh thanks, I was worried about that, link fixed!

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
(I really gotta stop posting image responses.)
non-sense! image responses are awesome! as long as it isn't too cryptic to where only a few people get it. :)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Even though it's basically just crap-disturbing at this point, I feel like I should set the record straight on a few issues, even if no one here believes me:

The bad blood between us is only in the past by virtue of me not being involved with the project anymore. I'm normally not one to hold a grudge but you threw me under the bus to Brian and bailed, came back and quickly bailed again, and then came back a second time lacking in social graces claiming ownership over the mod, and then the community accepted you like nothing happened. And after all of this, you don't even acknowledge it? Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

However, I can't argue with results; you're actually making progress so I'll sit on my bitterness if it means this thing will get released.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I apologize. Also I have no hard feelings, and after all you did for this mod for so long, you have my respect now. I only left(both times) because real life isn't always kind or accommodating to such a time consuming hobby. I had to kick and scratch for 4 years to get stable enough to attempt this venture again. When I returned this time, I was unaware that the mod had any kind of team at all. Plus I was a bit tipsy that night. Anyway I didn't mean to take it from anyone, and once I found out there was a team, I was humbled and happy to step in as the coder. It was Red Cell's idea to put me up front again, and I only agreed if he would stay on as the PR master he is. Bottom line is, I wouldn't bother to endure the resistance I've received if I didn't care about the game and the community. Even now you show passion for this mod's success, and your input will always be welcome and valued if you should choose to give it.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
An internet dispute that ended in both parties being respectful to each other? Now I really have seen everything. If this is not a sign that this is going to be successful, I don't know what is. Good job, guys!

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I...wow, I'm humbled. I accept your apology. Funny how years of pent-up anger can melt away like that.

You've got the reins now. I look forward to seeing what you can do. Make this mod, and make it great.