CL_FlushEntityPacket

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I've been getting this error the past few days I've been playing on FN servers. The game freezes up for a second then says "CL_FlushEntityPacket" in the upper right corner. My ping is fine and nothing has happened lately that would change the performance of my internet or computer. Any clue what's up?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Possibilities include:

• Wireless Internet (Half-Life and other old FPS netcode does not play nice with this.)
• Rate cvars got fudged (In the past, this could happen if you changed the Connection Type/Download Speed in Steam, though I think this is no longer the case.)
• Windows Shenanigans (Virus using your puter for bitcoin mining, left your torrents on, firewall, "registry optimization", and the like.)
• Router configuration issues.
• Character corruption causing lag via malformed packets.

The cvars have changed so much that I'd actually have to do research to give you legit ranges, beyond just copy-pasting my own.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, what are the default rate commands?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I suppose I can copy/pasta them from my Valve install - I've tweaked the MSC ones, and MSC's defaults don't include the newer ones. I think both have a lot of legacy cvars that no longer do anything, and I am no longer certain as to which are which:

Code:
cl_cmdbackup "2"
cl_cmdrate "30"
cl_dlmax "128"
cl_updaterate "20"

rate "20000"
cl_rate "20000"
ex_interp "0"
fps_modem "30"
fps_max "999"

See also: yonder thread - though I suspect you've checked everything there.

I should also add virus scanners to the "Windows Shenanigans" list - seems the most recent incidents of it in Counter Strike, that weren't the result of wireless internet, crappy routers, or QoS packet tweaks, were the result of virus scanners. It's a fairly common issue in Goldsrc that a lot of different things can cause, sadly.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
as far as I remember, atleast for Source related things,
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate
cl_interp
rate
were the only important ones.
Also for my experience having more than 200 FPS lags MSC to death, so one shouldn't set the FPS too high, I think i capped mine at 150 for smooth experience