Community Concept Art

BoomShakalaka

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Seen as I know there's probably lots of people out there who suck at modeling or dont know how to but are good at art. I was wondering if those people, me being one of them could draw up concept art, and in turn you guys could use the concept art to devise creatures, armors, characters? I really feel like doodling and drawing some cool helmets and armors and stuff like that anyways, so I'm probably going to post it here regardless if it's worthy quality.

-=Night Goul=-

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well i like drawin and stuff but some times it looks really gud and some times its like wtf is that? a cat thing :p but i like drawin things when i have a brain wave

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
BoomShakalaka said:
Seen as I know there's probably lots of people out there who suck at modeling or dont know how to but are good at art. I was wondering if those people, me being one of them could draw up concept art, and in turn you guys could use the concept art to devise creatures, armors, characters? I really feel like doodling and drawing some cool helmets and armors and stuff like that anyways, so I'm probably going to post it here regardless if it's worthy quality.
some games have in the past used concept art like unreal tournament you can actually get there concept art of there cds. sounds good some hl1 mod teams like the natural selection team used concept art.

BoomShakalaka

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm usually a pretty good artist when I have a picture to draw from. I'm more of a sketching artist, I gotta learn to use colors more. That and I have a friend that's from china, him and his brother are amazing artists, he's teaming with this one guy to a do a comic and well that died because my friend is such a damn stoner that he has a short attention span and can't commit to things. So pretty much he does a new project every week, one week it's really hott women, next week it's cars, next week it's midevil drawings. But when I try to ask him for help on how he can just spontaneously make drawings and invent characters, he just brags about himself. It's very annoying nonetheless.

BTW, Nightghoul, nice avatar, but you really wanna make it smaller.

BoomShakalaka

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm well if anyone could give me some advice to invoke imagination or inspire artist creativity that'd be great. I think I'm going to utilize my wonderful Barnes and Noble discount and read up about midieval weaponry any how it was formed, what the different styles are. Unless someone can explain it to me in a sense that will help me design something.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
BoomShakalaka said:
Hmm well if anyone could give me some advice to invoke imagination or inspire artist creativity that'd be great. I think I'm going to utilize my wonderful Barnes and Noble discount and read up about midieval weaponry any how it was formed, what the different styles are. Unless someone can explain it to me in a sense that will help me design something.
i invoke the artist within me when i model 3d i am a crappy drawer but i have a talent for computer graphics.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
BoomShakalaka said:
Well i'm thinking of trying Maya 6, which version do you have? Is the trail worth it?
i have maya 6 i have the unlimited version but its cracked pretty soon when i get a big job ill purchase it but for right now a 8000 dollar program i can not afford.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Isn't that just for the licence to use it in commercial projects?

The program itself isn't usually expensive.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
no overall unless ur buying maya alone without unlimited it costs 4k-8k i would buy unlimited because it has more cool features