Crow needs music!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've a ton of music for MSC just laying around... I've no quick way to upload them at the moment - network be swamped. Maybe it'll clear up in a few days. I dunno how many I have in the catagories you describe, but I'll see what I can do - be like a gig to upload them all. Look at the music we already have too, there's a damned lot of it, and music adds more to the betapackage download size than anything else, for MP3's do not compress well (being already fairly compressed).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
200MB worth - it's more than 2/3rds of the installer. ><

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev3/misc_musak.rar

Here's about 60MB of musak more or less in your requested genre... Password is 'gaz' - just so my host can have plausable denial, should any MP3 hunter program they use fail to strip any copyrighted bits... Although most in there aren't.

The cursed_stingX pieces are so short they are probably only good for musical events (use mstrig_music and set loop time to something near infinite). The Pompeii Battle Loop I've kinda been saving for an epic boss like Lor Malgoriand (OMFG sploiler!) but it's such a well known piece it maybe just too cheesy to use. Can't think of any commentary for the rest off hand - although I was saving Ode to Power for one of the more mystical sections of The Observatory, but nothing saying it can't be recycled later (has spaces in name, so would need to be renamed).

Still, STRONGLY suggest using some of the music we already have though - or at least mostly - seeing as there's so damn much of it, and most of it is only used once or twice, and again, MP3's are not friendly to the betapack's download size. :\

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The Pompeii Battle Loop I've kinda been saving for an epic boss like Lor Malgoriand (OMFG sploiler!) but it's such a well known piece it maybe just too cheesy to use.

Remember that from Plasma Pong. It gets more epic if it gets progressively sped up. :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Could do that, as a wav file with an ambient_generic. ;) Popular club song for awhile that was...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Crow said:
Thothie said:
The Pompeii Battle Loop I've kinda been saving for an epic boss

Holy ****.
Thats some epic ****.

QFT. Where is it from?
E.S.Posthumus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.S._Posthumus

Group does a lot of cinema music that sometimes gets remixed into club tracks. Think the first time I heard it was at Little V's club. They've done other stuff we could use but most is just too readily recognizable. (Also, of course, very copyrighted.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
They've been used in Top Gear? They must be good then, the Top Crew crew has awesome music tastes.