INFO Download and Play MSS mod now! (Okay not really...)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Bullying jacky is not cool!

Well, what can i say about it?
"Life's a b!tch."

I guess that would work in so many ways.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
aJYlY5z.gif

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if socializing is taboo in Portugal. Sure aint representing the country well :roll:

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The quality of this forum has severely deteriorated.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Sometimes I wonder if socializing is taboo in Portugal. Sure aint representing the country well :roll:

Sure like Americans do any better right? :wink:

Stoned said:
The quality of this forum has severely deteriorated.

This is too much for Stoned to say, the quality of this game has severely deteriorated aswell. I wonder which one came first to this mess. :roll:

Thothie said:
Can't get a hold of all this fame!

Srsly now, i might be an asshole at times, but behind every act there is a reason, said reason comes from someone's influence. So all i have left to say for now, who's the bigger asshole?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jebus! What'd I do to so corrupt your spirit? :oops:

(Write that up, while I try to think of a way to re-rail the thread... >_>)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
There's far too many things to list, not going to bother with it and probably not worth the time/effort. But do keep in mind, between you and me, the bigger asshole doesn't start with a z, starts with a T. :wink:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Those who blame others for their actions lose the ability to change and grow as a person. 'Cuz everything is always someone else's fault :oldlol:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Look who's talking. The guy who likes to show off on the internets! :mrgreen:

Indeed it is his fault that some sh!t has happened, the last "asshole moments" happened because he indeed has been an asshole towards the very few who still play this game and are active in the forums. And i'm on my rights to blame him for this as he did so the same sh!t with JM in the not so distant past a couple of times.

And Lucifer, you should stop posting, this isn't your problem (joke aside). In fact, Thothie jumped in acting like boss for no apparent reason when i was trying to make some humor on the release date for MS:S. Guess he got butthurt towards the responce i gave to MiB, which in fact, was no big deal to my eyes as i've said worst in the past. Owell. :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your posts, but this is what I'm getting from the last couple posts:

Stoned: When MSS?
Zeus: NEVAH!
MiB: [Makes silly Regex joke]
Zeus: RAAAGE!
Thothie: Dude, whai u always gotta be leik dis?
Zeus: RRRAAAAAAAGGEEEE!
Thothie: [img] Dude!
Lucifer: Dude, srsly.
Stoned: No blasters! No blasters!
Lucifer: No sh*t.
Zeus: OMG RAAAAGE REMEMBAH DA JAY-EM!!!

Okay, okay... First off, no one's going to ban you just for being an asshole. J-M went, way, WAY beyond just being an asshole, and it took us almost a decade to finally ban him. I mean no one banned Pimpsta and Cornholio, sfaik - and Zun is still around... Jeeze. We can put up with that, in spades apparently.

Just sayin', chill dude. Tis just a game. Not everything is always gonna go your way, but tis no reason to go around constantly biting folks' heads off. And if this is some valiant effort to replace J-M, it ain't workin' - not that I'd encourage that, of course. So take a deep breath, and enjoy the popcorn.

'sides, I gotta patch to put out today. Dun have time to moderate the drama. ;)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Nah, forget the patch. Drama all day long.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Right, I suppose it's time for someone from the MS:S team to weigh in on this circlejerk of hatred.

zeus9860 said:
Indeed it is his fault that some sh!t has happened, the last "asshole moments" happened because he indeed has been an asshole towards the very few who still play this game and are active in the forums.
Let me start by saying that I don't agree with every decision Thothie makes regarding MS:C. He can be teeth-gnashingly insufferable at times; rather than actually put up an argument he has a tendency to snub people or talk down to them like they're an ignorant child. (Sorry to throw you under the bus Thoth old boy, but it's true. :wink:) That being said, I don't think he's quite the asshole you make him out to be; without him this mod wouldn't be where it is today. It seems to me like you're just a teensy bit mad that the game isn't progressing the way you'd hoped, which is fine; that doesn't automatically make Thothie an asshole, however.

zeus9860 said:
And i'm on my rights to blame him for this as he did so the same sh!t with JM in the not so distant past a couple of times.
IMO J-M deserved what he got. He is arrogant and sees himself as above everyone around him, woe betide you if you don't snap to attention when he says so, lest you be the worst caliber of drooling simpleton in his eyes. If things aren't going his way, he will make them go his way, by whatever means necessary. MS:C wasn't proceeding the way he wanted it, so he tried to make it the way he wanted it, and he decided everyone had to share in his vision and so actively worked at cross purposes to the development team; making cheats for the game, duping items, and generally opposing everything they did. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and expect to come away unscathed.

zeus9860 said:
And Lucifer, you should stop posting, this isn't your problem (joke aside). In fact, Thothie jumped in acting like boss for no apparent reason when i was trying to make some humor on the release date for MS:S. Guess he got butthurt towards the responce i gave to MiB, which in fact, was no big deal to my eyes as i've said worst in the past. Owell. :roll:
What Thothie said, chill the fuck out. If I thought Thothie was serious about his "release date" for MS:S jab, I'd be chewing him out as we speak. Also, you're expressing an opinion contrary to what is held by the majority around here; you have to expect some flak as people jump on the hate-wagon.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You make one little Regex joke and suddenly there's a

2glasses.JPG

pattern of anger.

2740760-1735968_csi_miami_yeah_super.jpg

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Maybe I'm misinterpreting your posts, but this is what I'm getting from the last couple posts:

Okay, okay... First off, no one's going to ban you just for being an asshole. J-M went, way, WAY beyond just being an asshole, and it took us almost a decade to finally ban him. I mean no one banned Pimpsta and Cornholio, sfaik - and Zun is still around... Jeeze. We can put up with that, in spades apparently.

Just sayin', chill dude. Tis just a game. Not everything is always gonna go your way, but tis no reason to go around constantly biting folks' heads off. And if this is some valiant effort to replace J-M, it ain't workin' - not that I'd encourage that, of course. So take a deep breath, and enjoy the popcorn.

'sides, I gotta patch to put out today. Dun have time to moderate the drama. ;)[/quote]
Thothie sed my nam... and a pach!?
[url=http://www.gifsforum.com/listofgifs/gallery/clap-clap-clap][img]http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1006.gif[/url]

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:

'sides, I gotta patch to put out today. Dun have time to moderate the drama. ;)[/quote]

That conclusion of my last posts is so out of the chain rofl, the last post actually contains some rage towards the JM bit, not that im asking you to bring him back or anything. Was just neglecting the simple minded thing that lucifer said, it made no sense "lol putting blame on someone else makes u look like a baby", most of the leftover devs that are still around and some members from RIP blamed JM for that, same reason i blame you for having more assholes than quality members around your game. It's like you grow this kind of attitude with the way you act towards the game/community, with all the favoritism going on about.

Ok so JM was more than just an asshole, he was a good mapper with actually good quality mapping skills, yeah you are right. He never cheated on FN since the very beginning i started playing this game (late 2007), he never duped items, he did exploit (oh noes, it's not like the majority of veterans or veteran-wannabe exploit things the sameway he did) and he also advertised (everyone does this, he made a mistake of doing it in the forums which i believe is the basis and only reason you came up with to ban him). The shuriken act, was an asshole move yes, and like you said "no one is going to ban someone for just being an asshole." OK! :roll:
The item duping came from another group of players from another region, a region a bit too far from ours and mostly dead nowadays... i'll leave it at that.

Also never did i say i was looking after a ban, it's like, the last of my worries? I got a huge backlog of games on steam to play, it's not like banning me would make a dent on the active playerbase that still plays this game right? :wink:

[quote]IMO J-M deserved what he got. He is arrogant and sees himself as above everyone around him, woe betide you if you don't snap to attention when he says so, lest you be the worst caliber of drooling simpleton in his eyes. If things aren't going his way, he will make them go his way, by whatever means necessary. MS:C wasn't proceeding the way he wanted it, so he tried to make it the way he wanted it, and he decided everyone had to share in his vision and so actively worked at cross purposes to the development team; making cheats for the game, duping items, and generally opposing everything they did. You don't bite the hand that feeds you and expect to come away unscathed.[/quote]

Orochi, please. You got no clue what is going on. While i do agree to the fact that this mod would have been dead if it wasnt for Thothie to put content towards it, i also think you badmouthing J-M in such a way is a mindless act.

I'm going to leave it here, i wrote down a huge wall of text which i cut off and save off the drama, again it's a waste of time debating with certain people around these parts when they think they are always right, when in fact they are wrong alot of the time and can't accept that without a slap of proof/humiliation to the face.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Zeus chill, no one ever attacked you personally so why do you lash out? Also the irony in your statement, that my post was simple minded... in-fact it takes a -higher- level of thinking to even comprehend. Sadly, the quote seems to have gone over your head as you're still anger-ing like people are out to get you. You call other people out on being dick to the community members... but read what you say. Let's all just try and get along for the sake of what's left of the mod.... cuz we're all idiots and peons who must bow down to the lord all mighty Suezy :oldcry:

edit: Damn that was condescending. Zeus, we're all friends here. No need to treat anyone as a lesser person. :c
If you want to get a point across, don't do it by insulting the person you're addressing. They'll more than likely disregard everything you say and not even bother reading further. It makes YOU look bad. No one else. Take action for YOU.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
While none of that regarding J-M is true, including the mapping part, when you consider how many non-cheat maps he released in the past ten years (1), and it doesn't even begin to touch the surface of his other behavior that both crippled and nearly killed this mod, several times over... But suffice to say, while I'm sorry if you were so traumatized by the event, it's been awhile, and ya kinda need move on - and if you really can't, there's a thread for that. (And don't get mad at me for that, at the time, I was the only dev arguing for him not being perma-banned.)

I was kinda hoping you just broke up with your girlfriend, or something similar, that would justify this behavior, but if it's just that... Jeeze. Bad thread to have an intervention in anyways, I suppose...

msc_drama.gif

Umm... Orochi... Any luck finding that Dangerous Pass source? (He says, desperately pushing on some box cars...)

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Nope, if it's not on there now I don't have it. Sorry.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, did you put something new up there since this release? (I canna seem to check right now, for some reason. Pestered RKS, as I can't update the downloads page either. >_>)

If not, maybe we can track down this DarkWasp guy, who apparently made it.

Do you still want that GIT hub? Maybe I can look around for some "GIThub light" or cheap service somewherez... You gotta SVN though, and I think you still only have one coder, right? So...

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I already talked to RKS, and he can't seem to get GIT working on these servers. They actually cocked up an installation on the one he tried to put it on and that may be why you can't access whatever you're trying to access. :(

I do want the GIT repo. and GITHub might be our best bet if we can't get GIT on one of our servers. GIT hub isn't the name of the Version Control System, it's the name of a site (https://github.com/) that hosts GIT repos for people. Only problem is, they only host public repos for free; for private repos (I.E. what we want), you need to pay a monthly fee, and RKS consulted with his people and they all decided they weren't going to put any money down for it, so we're on our own.

I mainly want the GIT repository because Valve's Source SDK 2013 is all hosted on a public GITHub repo now, and not having to convert between VCS types will make merging engine changes with our codebase much easier.

Yeah, try and track down DarkWasp for that map source. I haven't heard from the guy in ages, but if he is who made it, he's bound to have it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a shame... Can't have a public build of this sorta mod, or you wind up with more cheetos than a Doritos warehouse. :\

Then again, I'm not sure how you make this sort of mod without modifying some source files, so likely, a constantly updating GIT hub might work against you anyways. Best to just grab the master and go, and test updating when you can get away with it, I figure.

I dunno if someone makes some sort of SVN<->GIThub plugin to allow your SVN to automagically update from a GIT hub archive though... Seems such a thing would be possible - just dunno if anyone's gone to the trouble of creating it yet.

They setup an HL1 GIT hub just this Friday too... But there's no way we can port to that version of the SDK, with so many modded files. I'm talking with a guy on the Valve Goldsrc crew to see if we can get a detailed changelog, and maybe port some fixes.

Meanwhile, I shall endeavor to track down the DarkWasp...

Lucifer Majiskus said:
[patchies!]
Well... I'm actually uploading the first rendition of the patch now, but it's getting a bit late in RKS land, I suspect, so this will have to be a Labor Day patch - which is kinda what I figured it'd be anyways. :\

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Yeah, that's a shame... Can't have a public build of this sorta mod, or you wind up with more cheetos than a Doritos warehouse. :\
Indeed.

Thothie said:
Then again, I'm not sure how you make this sort of mod without modifying some source files, so likely, a constantly updating GIT hub might work against you anyways. Best to just grab the master and go, and test updating when you can get away with it, I figure.
I...don't think you quite understand how revision control systems work. The whole point is so that if you ever modify something, you can roll back to an earlier version. In this case, if we were both on GIT I'd just need to do a sync with their hub and sort out any conflicts.

Thothie said:
I dunno if someone makes some sort of SVN<->GIThub plugin to allow your SVN to automagically update from a GIT hub archive though... Seems such a thing would be possible - just dunno if anyone's gone to the trouble of creating it yet.
GIT seems to be the way of the future, and the above mentioned reasons, that's why I want to use it in lieu of SVN.

Thothie said:
They setup an HL1 GIT hub just this Friday too... But there's no way we can port to that version of the SDK, with so many modded files. I'm talking with a guy on the Valve Goldsrc crew to see if we can get a detailed changelog, and maybe port some fixes.
I just noticed. Hopefully that version of the SDK fixes the menu problems. And yes, you could port it, it would just be a massive amount of work due to the scripting system having its vile tendrils in everything.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually, the scripting system is more or less in one place... (Well, three or four places, but mostly independent of the rest of the system.) Think the only source file it modifies is the entity.cpp - for those entities modified to alert it of stuff. (Also the same cpp in the client dll, for the scripted client effects.)

There's a billion changes, not related to the script system, however, to the renderer, the viewmodel sys (two view models = two hands! :p), the netcode, the various related bits, and lots of global utilities... gah... Suspect some library differences that would cause new fun bugs too.

Dogg was kind enough to categorize the project into modified files, and those untouched, but the ones f*cked with outnumber the originals maybe 10 to 1. Think there's more original code than there is SDK. ><

The menu problems we've had, have to do with the new external mouse control interface, which sadly, the source is not included for. I suspect it isn't even coded by Valve, and is proprietary. :( (No code for the engine or Hammer either.)

...and yes, I get how revision systems work (used SVN's on some other mods I've worked with), but then you have to compare and contrast changes every time a file is updated, likely rolling all of them back when they do an update en-mass, as they'll probably be doing often. :\