Edana!

How should edana be recreated?

• Keep the same layout, but update textures, lighting, and put in some displacements, etc. Easiest.

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Keep the layout (temple, rats/house, town) but change everything about it. Hard-ish.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Change the entire layout and make everything new. Hard.

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Topic. This will be my little spot for edana, hopefully the first MS:S map to be finished.

I need votes for that poll. They're in order in difficulty range. Keeping the same stuff but updating everything to source standards would be very easy... but changing the entirety of Edana would be.. difficult. Whichever you want will change the maps release date which doesn't matter to me, but I think it will look much better in source no matter what option is chosen. :D

i'll have some pictures of what I do have in a minute. got a run time error and need to fix some stuff.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Maybe make the temple farther away from the town with a quite extense road leading to the town (forest, open greens, wathever). Of course the town will get expanded but should change that "town hidden in the mountains" layout (unless its meant to be like that according to the plot)

Maybe the starting point should be the adventurer's house, after that you must head to the temple

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I would say keep the existing layout, but expand upon it, add more areas inside the town ...and possibly some farms in the outerlying areas.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I voted for the first option and hope you'll add more than six buildings, for it is hardly enough to call it a town. :)

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I'll tell you what I tell the other mappers:

I want the same theme to the map (small town at the base of a mountain), same major points of interest (mayor's house, market square, sewers, Temple of Urdual outside the town, etc), and the same map transition orientation (transition to Thornlands on the northern side of the map). Other than that, do what you want. Add new points of interest, quests, etc.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Always wondered why that's a temple of Urdual there, and not a temple of Torkalath - although I was also never quite clear as to when the falling out between the human's and their creator occured either.