Exp Lost

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

today i made some orc_for runs and farmed some exp. After that when I joined some other guys on their server I have seen, that all exp is lost. I havent died or something. Its annoying that i dont know why that problem occurs. Maybe my connection to the FN server was not stable I dont know.

Maybe you can find something in the logs?

Hope it will not occure again its really sad when you loose it even if it wasnt so much.

Greetings

Jens

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's somewhat unusual... Should get the dreaded red icon of FN in the corner, if the server's flubbed its FN connection.

Which server were you on, and when? I might be able to check it, if it was one of the RKS servers.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
It was around 10pm UTC+1 i think, on a RKS EU Server but dont remember the specific number of the server.
I was switching between two of the EU Servers after each run.

The red FN Symbol i have seen yesterday some time before that and had long loading times in the char selection.

I checked my connection but my ping and my internet connection were stable.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Your connection doesn't much matter, it's the server's connection to FN that comes into question. However...

Meru said:
I was switching between two of the EU Servers after each run.

Do, not, do that.

I should really stick this in the readme html that pop-ups on the installer, but one thing that'll guarantee problems is switching servers without fully shutting down Half-Life (msc) in between.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
I allways restart the game completly before connecting to another server or doing a transition, to avoid the laggs and crashs. That should not be the problem I think.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Dunno then - that'd be a kind of typical result of that (though one of the kinder possibilities).

The red FN symbol (
fn_disconnect.jpg
) means the server lost its FN connection, and it isn't safe to play until it goes away... Loading your character while it's up may cause oddness. Beyond that, however... While this sorta thing isn't entirely unheard of, it's rare, and I has no clue.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Yeah think it was a rare problem. Everything works fine now so I think it will not appear in normal cases again.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I've had situations like this before, it is what we call "hiccup". FN connection might fail temporarly, which could be more than enough to make you loose current progress after doing a map. Also i'm pretty sure said hiccups don't display the icon all the time. I even remember playing with the icon up and still not loosing progress aswell multiple times (not sure if intentional or not, or if it was a temporary hiccup that made the icon pop up).

In the end it's no big deal, unless you were farming for a rare item and got it, then suddently lost progress. Yeah, that would be annoying. XP-wise, no big deal. Can always get it back in a couple of minutes.