EXP

Jordy

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
...And on another note, AoB is completely useless on players with all non-parry skills under level 30, except for saving gold, and they're usually the ones who go around dying a lot to solo maps. I don't really see the point in doing it anyway though, killing mid-level range monsters is a lot more rewarding than killing high level monsters. Seriously, what gives more exp? Spending 20-30 minutes killing one monster worth 2000 exp or spending 20-30 minutes killing 100-400 exp value enemies? There's just no contest. I mean, it's not like you'll get any good loot anyway if you're soloing with low hp and get low points, and if you're looking for loot you'd do better just joining a random server full of people running a high level map and wait long enough to grab something from the individual chest. (Just joined a server running Nashalrath? They're at the last boss? No problem! Get a few hits in and piss everyone else off by getting the [insertspoilerhere], I've seen it happen a few times now. )

I have gotten the [insertspoilerhere] from Nashalrath was joining at boss.. Twice( you remember the one time? ;) ) ( in fact both of them were the only time i got that [insertspoilerhere]. )

The other day i got the [insertspoilerhere] from Islesofdread1 joining after map completion with 0 damage points.

This means you really have to fix your chest system :oops:

I would rather earn my items then getting them for doing practically nothing like the other low levels that join 3/4 of the way through islesofdread1 and getting [insertspoilerhere].

EDIT: The idea with lesser bag of holding is good i think it would stop low levels from getting as much stuff i guess, i mean it only really holds armor and potions.. Armor is like the main weight source of people like me bringing like 3-5 armors around ( lol ). Most low levels go get lesser bag of holding to hold all their weapons. well maybe REALLY low levels use it for their armor most just wear armor and then have no weapons on them lol.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Again, JAN2010b only uses damage points to increase odds of certain treasure spawning. With one or two exceptions, it doesn't prevent someone from 0 dmg points from getting lucky (and with those exceptions, automatically grants to the one with the highest dmg points). This changes in FEB2010...

Something else going on with the chest being empty when it shouldn't be though... Maybe it's running out of string space with less than 10 players... In which case, maybe it's time to try MiB's new array system...