Experience Chart available

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Same way as the damage and everything else scales. The weapon has a static, registered base attributes that scale based on the skills of its wielder.

Fer instance:
weapon_list.gif

Those are the base weapon attributes. They are loaded when the game loads, and never change (nor can they be changed in game - being the biggest issue). The final result is based on multiplying those by the player's skill ratios (or in the case of Accuracy, dividing the miss chance by the player's skill ratio), handled code side.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Read previous page. >_> (Rather, last post, page #2)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie needs to stop editting his posts after I read them...

Like I said, weapon restrictions are fine and people were right to vote for them, but maybe they were mislead into thinking the levels would be...good...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Evaan said:
0, 4, 6, 8 and 10, and a minimum of level 12 on quest weapons (weapons that can't be purchased), alternatively: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15 on quest weapons (to give it a wider gap, as two levels isn't that much).
- From the top page of the poll.

Only problem I had with the way Evaan presented that poll is he gave all the pro's but none of the cons (save a pre-emtpive snide remark against the retractors). But I know from experience that's the only way you get anything voted for around here.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't vote. I'm too lazy to read long posts >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, but I didn't vote.
Then you forfeit your right to have your complaints read. :p

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Way to destroy this thread *snicker*.

howbout instead of a "Level Requirement" that says you can't swing a weapon you implement miss ratios that go down a predetermined ammount each level until a specific level for each weapon - such that the weapon only becomes useful at the "required" level.

That's what Balance does already.

I figured the cons of level restrictions was quite obvious and didn't need to be stated. I had absolutely no intend to fool anyone in this, just to "get what I want".

The quite obvious "con" is that you can't swing your weapon, and have to store it until you can. I honestly see no other consequence.

I've changed the restrictions on the Quest weapons now, and magic or no magic, the restrictions was based on where they're found, who they're intended for and most importantly, how powerful they are, compared to store bought weapons (the new restrictions, not the old ones).

I've sent a new list of suggestions to Thothie, and if he wants the restrictions lower on the quest weapons.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think Squirrel meant to have it be a dramatic change in misschance, such as a weapon meant for Level 3 users:

Level 1: xx/80
Level 2: xx/40
Level 3: xx/20

Rather than the current system, it makes it so the player doesn't WANT to use the item because the misschance is so high.

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I like that way better. In some other games, you can still use a level 50 weapon, but it wont be better than what's best for your current level, however, that level 50 weapon will degrade much faster, and eventually destroy itself.

I wouldn't mind a system where i.e. a one handed magical axe, does the same damage as the Axe (best one handed base axe, with the exception of Dwarven Axe), with no magical properties until you meet the requirements.

That way, you can still use the One Handed Axe of Orc Slaying, which is significally better than the Axe, but it wont be as good as its original attributes until you reach level 15, sort of to "unlock" its attributes.

(The above axe is fictional).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
What part of "I can't adjust weapon accuracy in-game" do you people not understand? ><

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
What part of "I can't adjust weapon accuracy in-game" do you people not understand? ><

What part of clarification do you not understand ><

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Clarification of what? Something that can't be done? :|

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Evaan said that Squirrel's suggestion is what is already happening with Balance. I was explaining that rather than a linear progression, it was more of an exponential thing. I wasn't telling you to change things, just explaining the idea to Evaan >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, quit talking like yer actually suggesting something, rather than just having pie-in-the-sky daydreams. ;)

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Evaan said that Squirrel's suggestion is what is already happening with Balance. I was explaining that rather than a linear progression, it was more of an exponential thing. I wasn't telling you to change things, just explaining the idea to Evaan >_>

I was implying that increasing the base tohit would do the trick.

A high tohit decreases faster than a low tohit. At least from what I've gathered.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, quit talking like yer actually suggesting something, rather than just having pie-in-the-sky daydreams. ;)

Are you implying that there is something wrong with pie? Them's fightin' words.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
No no no, there is only something wrong when it is in the sky. If it is in the sky, how are you supposed to eat it?