Get the Origin of a Hit Box?

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Is there any way client side to get a random hit box, and the origin of the hit box? One of these:
fadb0a9daf3fcc6454f864f28e7cf69e.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's a $get property for it (lasthitgroup), that's supposed to detect hotboxes flagged in the model's QC, however, it only seems to work on players.

Sadly, every time I've wanted a locational hitbox on a mob, I've only been able to do it by sticking another NPC to an attachment (ala. Undamael or the Abyssal Worm).

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Darn. In other news, I found that you can get the bone indexes and positions which works too. Thanks though

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I found that you can get the bone indexes and positions which works too.
True, though attachments have movement modes that allow you to set things to follow them smoothly, automatically, and with client side prediction (eg. "cleffect tempent set_current_prop follow <idx> <attachment#>" or server side via effect beam end|ents, etc). Try to do that with a bone and ya gotta update it, which looks janky, if it's something you can see, and is less reliable.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
True, though attachments have movement modes that allow you to set things to follow them smoothly, automatically, and with client side prediction (eg. "cleffect tempent set_current_prop follow <idx> <attachment#>" or server side via effect beam end|ents, etc). Try to do that with a bone and ya gotta update it, which looks janky, if it's something you can see, and is less reliable.
It's unnoticeable with the bleed sfx from the other post. Thanks for the info though