Halier Island

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Is it not possible to say something and not mean anything by it? I do it all the time. "Emotional Detachment". It really works well if everything you say is vague.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
That... it would be replaced when badlands2 comes out :(

(But badlands1 is still playable)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Home: ...

Vill: Meh.. Why go through the work if it's gonna get replaced? I prefer concepting, really. Hammer just isn't my thing. Graph paper.. Is better?

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you had your own version done but didn't want to use it because of it crappiness.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Home: ...

Wow, that is the most vague thing anyone can say about a subject. I think you have already mastered the art of "emotional detachment" in forum posts.

The good thing about concepts is that they can be changed easily. It sucks to work hard and lose it because someone gets a better/different idea.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
Oh, I thought you had your own version done but didn't want to use it because of it crappiness.

No, I had a lot of brush work done.. Then Squirrel complained and I had to delete it. It was at that point that I decided I no longer liked mapping and preferred coming with the ideas and layout.

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
evilsquirrel said:
o_O

would you be interested in an entire world map that is done very, very crapily?
Yes.

Hell, I'd add Little G's old map "Hidden Forest" to the FN if it was ripented down to some sane monster layout.

Less concerned about aesthetics, more concerned about game play – otherwise I’d be working on Source. ;)

I like how thothie is basically repeating everything I said in IRC.

I would rather have the world map finished, even if the maps were crappy.

PLEASE GOD PLEASE WORK ON SOURCE

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie != Whole Community. And on a side note Thothie != Me. I'm not going to make a map that I want to look great into a crappy map just to get it out.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damn, and I was so looking forward to a slew of crappy maps. ;)

tehrilez said:
PLEASE GOD PLEASE WORK ON SOURCE
You are the LAST person I want to hear that from. :p Stop asking for models you don't need and get yer ass in gear. ;)

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
1/2 Necroposts as I just got around to reading this and Love's Flame not too long ago and MiB Complained that he is an attention whore and wants attention.

And I basically owe it to him since I as another writer knows how it feels to be reminded of a story you once did and want to continue it due to someone saying something out of the blue.

Besides a few parts that felt repetative with wording, Halier was a great story and opened up some light to me (I had read Love's Flame first). Also it gave me a few concept ideas for items in the future of the MSC universe that will probably never get put in. Kinda restored my want for reading fiction religiously and reminded me of Lanethan in more than a few ways.

So keep up the work MiB.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I may be an attention whore, but I try to to be too annoying with it :( Good to know that people actually read these stories and LIKE them (/me glares at Thoth)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm, uh... Just gonna say all these stories were lost to time because they weren't very good ;)

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nice, dude. Whoever is lurking the forum with bing and google is really taking me to some interesting places I've never seen before lol.