Hammer compile problems

Littlefrodo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hej folket!
Loong time no see!

I'm having some troubles with valvehammer, its when I'm using its compiler. It crashes, it also crashes when I'm saving a project as a .map and also when I try to export a .rmf to .map.

Anyone know about this?

Im usually use batch compiler but becuase I'm unable to save as a .map I'm having some issues to use it, some compile tools are missing.

I'm running windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Are you patched to 3.5 VHE? I'm on the same OS as you and have no problems.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Use Nem's Batch Compiler, it's pretty cool.

Littlefrodo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Stoned said:
Use Nem's Batch Compiler, it's pretty cool.

Im using Nem's Batch Compiler and I selected the Zoner Tools Normal spec, BUT in zoner tools normal u cant run the compiler on a RMF file... And or if I select the Zoner Tools Advanced i can use it with a RMF BUT I cannot figure out what the hose the RESgen is for or where I can get it without the RESgen file selected in the setup i cannot run it.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for ruining it stoned :( He should've answered my question

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Okay then do you have all the User Account Control stuff active? Try installing Hammer in a very shallow folder, like C:\VHE

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused... If you can't export MAP or save RMF, how are you saving this map at all?

If you mean you are using the compiler to convert the RMF to MAP, you can skip that step by unchecking it on the right hand column, and just export the .map through Hammer. HLFIX sometimes causes weirdness anyways, especially with the newer toolsets, as it doesn't quite create the same MAP format that Hammer exports and that said tools expect to deal with.

Don't bother with RESgen. It's made of fail, and we'll put your map and media in the package anyways. As you can't play custom maps on FN there's really no need for res files. Just keep track of what media you've added (models, music, etc.) and be sure to get it to us, along with the map and source itself.

Personally, I find just writing batch files easier than working with Nem's Batch Compiler, even if it offers a nice visual interface sometimes, but I'm used to writing batch files for all sorts of things.

Littlefrodo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'm a bit confused... If you can't export MAP or save RMF, how are you saving this map at all?

If you mean you are using the compiler to convert the RMF to MAP, you can skip that step by unchecking it on the right hand column, and just export the .map through Hammer. HLFIX sometimes causes weirdness anyways, especially with the newer toolsets, as it doesn't quite create the same MAP format that Hammer exports and that said tools expect to deal with.

Don't bother with RESgen. It's made of fail, and we'll put your map and media in the package anyways. As you can't play custom maps on FN there's really no need for res files. Just keep track of what media you've added (models, music, etc.) and be sure to get it to us, along with the map and source itself.

Personally, I find just writing batch files easier than working with Nem's Batch Compiler, even if it offers a nice visual interface sometimes, but I'm used to writing batch files for all sorts of things.

I can save the map as a .rmf but I cannot export it to .map. But now I got one step further but a problem occured, Error: Can't open C:\Users\beastman\Desktop\DEV\MAPS\forest\forest.p0.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, it's not a shallow folder for starters, but what program is giving you that error?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's kinda vague. Could be any executable in the compiler. If you could export the batch file and post it, I might be able to work it out. I suspect it's a pathing issue of one sort or another. Problem with the batch compiler is that you have to depend on it to find everything correctly.

It helps if the executables and the map are all in the same shallow folder, and the wad files are at least nearby.