Hello to everyone

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've played MS for quite a long time,but only offline...i mean singleplayer ,i started playing it since it came out at first.
I had forgotten about ms and now i remembered it and i realy want to start playing again,this time online with you all guys.
But i seem to have many problems. I download Halflife ,install it,download the Dec2010 patch,from the mirrors,install it too,and when i try to open the MS folder (the grey one with the sword) i get an error cannot find filesystem dll ..i installed ms in the halflife folder . Though when i start halflife ,it's no longer halflife,but it's the MS writings except for the background..By writings i mean "Join a kingdom,establish a kingdom" when i try to establish to make a new char just to see if it works nothing happens,absolutely nothing,doesnt even start to load,it brings me back to the main view. The other thing is i dont have steam. I download it from the main site,installed it,but then it says " Steam is looking for updates" doesnt even start updating and it gets an error that it could not connect to the steam server..weird ! I used to have steam before,and i had no problems..Any ideas what to do!? Please!
Best regards,
Chris

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
You have to fix your problem with Steam first. Once you have done that, your problem with MSC will probably solve itself.
If Steam says it's looking for updates, but never actually start to update, I think something is blocking it's connection to the internet. Check your firewall.

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thx,Jelly !
I'll try now. But is there a chance that there's something wrong with the HL i've downloaded...cause i live in Bulgaria,where u can donwload almost everything for free.And almost everything works. Could i have downloaded a corrupted or i dont know,a not full version of half life,does it have to have CS..as far as i remember there was difference in the display several years ago the graphics were worse,and after that i remember downloading Counter Strike 1.6 + halflife and installed Ms 1.35 that's how to file is called.this is probably 1-2 years ago. What do u think?
Alright i downloaded another version of steam and it updated successfully

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Right. Well of course you have to buy Half-Life through steam in order for it to work. The possibility of you actually getting a cracked version of Half-Life to connect to non-cracked servers are small I think. Very small. Half-Life ain't that expensive though. And no, you do not need to get Counter-Strike as well. Just Half-Life. :wink:

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Blaaaaaaaaaahhh ! ! ! Bad news ! What is the price ... ? Any ideas ?
Alright,i think i 'll be able to do that,to check this myself,but can you tell me how to start the MS now,i installed it on Halflife,but when i open the MSC folder i enter halflife and in Other games i have only CS! I remember before,when i used to install MSC i could change it from the mods in halflife,i even wrote something like "-ms" but im not sure at the end of right clicking on the icon and "properties" but cant find it now..Pls help!

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Nope,i don't . I dont usually pay for games,you know..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I dun think it does... If it were possible to make it so, I would, but I'm not clear as to what the issues be. It uses Steam specific extensions, so it may simply not work with older versions of Half-Life.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Trixter said:
Nope,i don't . I dont usually pay for games,you know..
You won't be able to play MasterSword: Continued
ever
at all
under any circumstance
if you don't legally own Half-Life on a valid Steam account. The current price for Half-Life is ten bucks. So now and then, Valve gives a discount. It was about three bucks a month or two ago. That's really not much money.

Hope this helps.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Not to
BeatDeadHorse.gif
but that is actually possible, J-M. You can't connect to servers running the legal version though. At least I have not found a way to do this.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The bulk of FN traffic seems to be coming from non-standard networks, actually, but they still use Steam ID's (virtual-LAN, amongst others), I think the game still requires the Steam's Half-Life components to function, and thus won't work on WON Half-Life. Not sure of a way around that myself, though there maybe one.

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok i get it ,but how come on earlier versions (i just installed MS135,it's like 4 years ago,probably the first one and it works great, i've played more advanced versions,like from a year ago) i could play them without any problems and i mean single player...and i still want to play single player,i stopped playing wow because ,cause i dont want to play online games...it's devastating i almost dropped out from the university! Isn't there a way to play it single player like the earlier versions...i get this annoying error Could not find filesystem dll...come on guys..im not for the 10 bucks,i just dont have time play online,cause im sure ill start finding time,which is bad...ive got a nice job,3rd year in the university,a girlfriend..there's only one thing missing...a game to fill the little spare time i've got...and i realy want that game to be MS,cause i loved it from the first time i saw it ! Please ,there must be a way! ;(

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Earlier version probably were kinda WON compatible.
There probably could be a way to play pirate games on Steam, at most on some offline steam. Tough you wont like much to play this alone most of the time since it doesnt support singleplayer play and you'll get frustrated soon.

If you want some game for the little spare time you have maybe you should check arcade game like shmups or beat-em ups, games you can spend only 1 hour and learn to play it in that short time.

(or emulate Kings Field games, which are singleplayer RPG FPS dungeon crawlers)

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've always got a choice ...i can play dota or smthing but....about the frustrating single player ...well yeah as far as i remember it was so difficult at times,and especialy i didnt know how to get to most of the maps...i 'll tell u where i 've been :
Edana,edana sewers,thornlands,heras,goblin town,gatecity,sfor,calruin,challs,helena,old helena (but only by voting,didnt know how to get there),deralia,daragoth,mines,keledros prelude and keledros ...i've so much wanted to kill keledros,but never could do it...i wanted to learn some new spells,cause i remember someone told me ,i could get them ,after killing keledros and going further....i was a spell caster with 410 hp and around 500 mana as far as i remember,fighting only with erratic lightning and sometimes firebolt :D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually the worst part will be the almost null chances of good items to spawn on many maps.
Tough on the bright side all the loot and xp will be for you and only you.

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yep,true ! The only good item i had found ..(and im pretty sure it's far from good,but it was for me) was a ...i think a golden bow from the big spider boss.I've forgotten so much,i dont remember the names of the maps ( it was a big whole in the wall and u crawl up and there's a spider lair and many spiders spawn,and after that there's another hole going down,and there's the boss with the chest.Oh and some nice helmet from the boss skeleton in the map with the riddlemaster skeleton,was it sfor? :D oooohh i remembered something ...this was actualy one and the same map....u enter and there's a door on the right,with the skeletons,and if u proceed straight ahead,there was the spider lair..i remember only one time ,after hours of grinding and lvling i managed to kill the two bosses.When i was at the entrance of the same map,i saw a crack in the wall this time on the left,and there was another boss,but i cant remember what it looked like,i think it was one of those big ogres..but not sure...ahhh damn..good memories...now u see!? Damn,i wanna play! :D

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Then spend the $10 and get a legitimate copy of Half-Life, and you'll be playing in no time =D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Buy half life, get steam, install half life, install ms:c, restart steam, play ms:c. If you do this, you'll get to see alot more stuff in this game than you can ever imagine :mrgreen:

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ahahahahah,o gosh, one of my friend's dad has a store for computer games,i called him to ask him how much for HL 1,he said he'll give it free,if i helped him move some stuff to his other apartement! Yohooo! I guess i'll be joinin' you i several days! :D

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Nice, guess your problems will be solved soon enough. Anyways, if you never played on FN (online), means you will have to start a new character... though this time you might end up noticing a huge change on the gameplay. :wink:

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ye,ofcourse i'll start a new one. I dont have a current one. :D Are there players online? I dont wanna end up disappointed! ;)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
There's always people playing this game, finding huge groups of players is kinda hard to find sometimes depending on the time you play. Also each patch release makes players more active in the game, farming items and stuff like that.