Hello to everyone

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright,it seems my friend had some misguided info,he didn't have HL1 in any of the storagehouses . So..if i'm to buy it..can i order it from steam,and can you explain to me how it works,i already saw how to do it ,but i need info like : How long will it take the disc to come (bulgaria),how exactly to write my exact coords,i mean address...and so on. If any of u guys know,i'd be realy grateful! Thx

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Go to: www.steampowered.com

Download the client, and when it's installed and updated, click "Create New Account."

Once you've made an account, log in. Once logged in, Steam will open in a larger window, with 4 click-able words at the top. From left to right; Store, Library, News, Community. Click "Store".

Search for "Half-Life" (Make sure there is NO "2" or "EP. 1/2" behind it. JUST normal "Half-Life") and add it to cart. Once there, you can input your credit/debit card information. Once the game is purchased, you'll own it.

VALVe uses Steam as a "digital" distributor, meaning there are NO Compact Discs (CDs) involved. Once you've purchased it, the serial key belongs to you, and that Steam account you're logged in to.

So, since it's a digital copy, the speed that you'll be able to play Half-Life depends on how quickly you can download it.

After you have Half-Life installed, install Master-Sword: Continued 1.2, and then re-start Steam. MS:C should now be listed under your "Library".

Hope this helps, and enjoy playing Half-Life/MS:C!

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeeeeohooo! Thanks a lot ! Well my dl speed is around 7 mb/s. I've already done an acc and so on...then again,why do i need to put my address,if i wont be needing it!? Where do i get the key u talk about!? Via the email i left!?
I need Half life Anthology 12 Euro!?

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
You only need to get Half Life not the Anthology unless you want the other 3 games/expansions. Billing info usually requires your address even if you are not shipping anything.

Trixter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Great! I bought it,i just need to wait a bit to install it! "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request in the moment,please try again later! " ;) Im dl'ing 1.2 MSC atm :) (happy) What else do i have to do,to play?

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
After Half-Life finishes downloading, and you install MS:C 1.2, nothing! Just play and have fun

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Step by step guide:
1) Download and install steam client;
2) Create a steam account;
3) Visit steam store, buy half life, start downloading the game;
4) After game is done downloading, start the game once, as you need to do this in order for the half life directory to show up, which is where you put half life modifications in later such as Ms:c;
5) Download ms:c from http://www.msremake.com, once done install it @ D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\steamaccountname\half-life;
6) Restart steam, start Ms:c, configure what you need in the options, restart the game, so the options you changed save for next time you start Ms:c (otherwise they go back to default if game crashes, meaning you need to do it all over again);
7) Create a character, start playing and have fun. :wink:

Note: There's also Bloom in this latest patch, in order to turn it on or off, press B (default bind for bloom on/off).

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
4) After game is done downloading, start the game once, as you need to do this in order for the half life directory to show up, which is where you put half life modifications in later such as Ms:c;

so thats why i raged out in madness when i installed it 13 times and couldnt find the directory..