Hey Guys

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It's been awhile! Was just missing the game and the community. How's everything going? You porting mastersword to UE4 yet? :p Looks like Thothie is still around. How old are you now? Why hasn't a patch been released in two years? :(

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
-Me personally, i am fine but the mod on the other hand isn't doing that good.

-Unreal Engine 4? Pfft, the future for ms:c lies within sven coop engine.

-Yes, he is still around, ocassionally goes missing from time to time. Probably his "alien buddies" are to blame on that, he does seem to enjoy getting kidnapped though. :p

-Thothie's age, now that is a tricky question, but i would say 42.

-Patch hasn't been released in 2 years because there are issues with the game, issues that need to be fixed before proceeding further down the update path. Otherwise the game will just keep getting worst. Issues with this game are mostly engine related and well, ripped content from other games. Some of us want to get ms:c on steam but it won't get accepted by the playerbase if they see content from other games inside ms:c. Despite being a non profitable game. The internet has proven to be unforgiving when it comes to this kind of stuff. So yeah, gotta replace all that "stolen" content with new content created by people or donated by people. Of course that takes time, even more so when there is a shortage of people in the dev team, most of the time it's just a one man army working on patching the game.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
As uneducated as the post before me was, yah ms:c is on life support. Seems a matter of when, not if, we're gonna pull the plug. :?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
As uneducated as the post before me was, yah ms:c is on life support. Seems a matter of when, not if, we're gonna pull the plug. :?

vomit_smiley.jpg

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
42? Heh... That was a good year, I suppose, even if I wasn't quite old enough to go bashing krout heads.

Meh, not real well... Zeus is on the right track, in that we have critical issues to resolve, but the remaining smidgen of copyrighted material isn't a real concern, and the issues aren't of the sort where "MSC's just going to get worse". They are of the sort where MSC just won't work anymore, and even if we get it to, it's risky to host.

They are both resolvable issues, but we need a good coder with experience with the HLDSK to get on it, and the only ones we still have contact with are just too busy to save us. So, it's looking grim - though I suppose I have some more folks I need to go beg yet.

We're sitting on roughly $800 worth of new models, four or five new maps, and some rather complex script enhancements meantime, so it would be a damned shame if we don't get this off the ground again.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
We're sitting on roughly $800 worth of new models, four or five new maps, and some rather complex script enhancements meantime, so it would be a damned shame if we don't get this off the ground again.

Save it for a major get off the ground patch! :wink:

With all the recent coders popping up willing to help, i thought we would go somewhere, seems like it isn't quite that simple.