• Bad?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe in Source.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't code. I can't map. I can't model.

But I have an idea... (or two)

First one is enchantable weapons... for only the basic weapons that are sold in the shop... weapons with special titles are special enough as it is.

Things to enchant on weapons:Lightning
+1-10 lightning damage at low (%10) chance per hit
Fire
+5 fire (2.5+2.5) damage at low chance per hit
Cold
+2.5 cold damage (.5+.5+.5+.5+.5) at low chance per hit
Divine+.1 divine damage every hit (preventing skeleton revive)

Poison ( weapon's laced or just enchanted magically w/ poison)
+10 damage (1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1) at low chance per hit
-note: increase dmg and/or duration for fangs tooth, and slightly for snake staff (not so much for staff bc it is mainly affliction levelling weapon) for title weapon superiority.

Lace basic arrows (blunt,wooden,iron,elven,jagged) with Poison!
-npc to do something awesome like this would be either archery shop owner... or better idea, some kind of badass hunter, Frosty (whom trades boar/bear skins) or some kind of adventurer-like character that has chance to appear on certain/all maps and pwns monsters w/ his archery...

Idea came to me when playing Zelda and I had infused the Master Sword w/ the power of the sol thingys. (cool glowy light sword)

Second weapon upgrade idea is for a blacksmith to tailor a weapon to your character. He can do this either by modifying a weapon or building a better one from that weapon's materials just for you! :D

Things upgradeable/custom made:
Damage:
+5 for all melee weapons
(sharpened sword, axe, and smallarms blades. Sharpened/reinforced points of impact for maces)

+5 for bows (done by archery shop, or cool hunter npc)
(bowstring for your shortbow/crap bow from store restrung)
-note: give elven bow +10 and wooden bow +7.5 for superiority =P)

Balance:
-5 taken off miss rating
(more comfortable grip + weighting adjusted to sword, axe, smallarms, and mace handles.)

Why this could be a nice addition to the game:
How long does a new player really carry those weapons bought in edana/helena? I think for at least their first few days, then they either find some title weapons themselves, or have some help from stronger people.

Before they are strong enough to make an attempt at a harder dungeon/map like most places past the thornlands a lot of a new players time is spent levelling so they can barely SURVIVE in daragoth or places farther.

No new models needed! At least I don't think so...

Other things to mention:
Difficulty of the game may need to be increased to balance. Only one enchant per weapon, enchant negated if smith works your weapon. (Fix up your weapon first, THEN enchantify it.)

Quests for these upgrades should increase in difficulty and ofcourse are re-doable.
Tentative idea for weapon upgrade to enchantment quests:
*First is the rebuilding/retempering quest (+damage)
-obviously between ol Iron Fist Ike in edana and something to do in the edana sewers
*Second is the balancing/personal customizing weapon quest (-miss chance)
-between Iron Fist and Dorfgan of helena... Dorfgan admires Ikes work but criticizes the handle of the weapon. A few weapon switches involved here, Dorfgan decreases miss chance by a lil. Ike decreases it a bit more. Dorgan accidentally makes it very unweildy then criticizes your skill. Ike finally "perfects" his technique/balancing formula. Each re-balancing costs slightly more money + firewood and/or alcohol.
[The quests above should be moderately difficult enough + affordable for level 10 characters]

*Third should be most difficult, and is for the magical enchantments or poison weapon lacing
-between Dorfgan, Ike, Deralia smith, Gatecity smith, and magic shops owners in edana, gatecity, and deralia.
-begins with Ike telling you about how Dorfgan is beating away at an iceblade thinking he can strengthen it. Asking Dorfgan first makes him insult you and then Ike for mentioning it to you. He cools off and says he heard that it was once possible to enchant weapons he mentions Hartold of edana once told him some of the sort over a drink. Hartold being as forgetful as he will be for the sake of this quest lent the book about weapon enchanting to the brothers at the mage shop in deralia. In Deralia, you can't get the book bc 1. the two brother mages can't find it. and 2. they are too busy fighting eachother to care. They are fighting over not that important to regular people but something the mage types bicker about all the time... Parry's connection to Mana. You must go to the magician in Gatecity for his opinion of the matter. He gives you some old saying that makes no sense then tells you in simpler terms... If you have more parry you more likely are fighting hand to hand a lot and don't have much room for regening mana. If you have less parry, your mana reserves are low, but you rest often so low mana reserves are replenished often. If you can concentrate hard enough to parry an opponents attack, you can also concentrate to lengthen your magical energies. Blah-dee-blah you settle the brothers argument and they give you one book... yes... there is a second volume! which you find out when you give the first back to Hartold.
He sends you back to Deralia and from their nicely unorganized bookshelf you dig through a 30% chance book switch with the brothers till you get the right one and bring it back to Hartold. Hartold teaches you a little bit from the books you give him... 1st volume is about history of enchanted weapons... 2nd is theories of how it can be done. Hartold says that he once knew a wise magician whom taught him everything although Hartold is forgetful and forgot's it all =P. Wise magician is gatecity magician whom tells you that he knows how to do part of what he explains as a type of "ritual" but the more specific parts of the spell are too difficult for even him to spark right off the top of his head. He trys to look for the book and says it should be where he left it because he's been studying it recently. Enfuriated he recalls that earlier that day the gatecity smithy came to him asking to enchant his wooden door stop with magical door stopping powers. The mage says he was explaining to the dwarf why it wouldn't work when the dwarf stole his book probably because it was a heavier "doorstop". Going to the dwarf you hear his side of the story, where the mage was ranting about how the dwarf is stupid for asking about a magic doorstop and the dwarf took the book thinking it's weight will hold his door open for him. The dwarf also tells you why he needs a door stop if you ask him... bc of those automatic closing doors it drives him mad, thinking there are ghosts about. The dwarf refuses to give the book to you even though it doesn't work well as a door stop. He knows you're gonna give it back to mean ol magey mage. Your custom weapon catches his eye and asks you to let him examine it's workmanship. He asks you to fetch some alcoholic beverages so he can sit down and talk "at you" about it. He asks you why you wanna help the mage anyway, and you mention the enchanting of weapons... He gives you the book because he finds it a worthy cause for the sake of craftsmanship. Gatecity Mage figures out that you must neutralize all elemental properties of the weapon for it to become prepared for the encantation.
The prep. is done by him for free, but the actual enchantment of either element is quite costly. He does fire, lightning, ice, and poison. He tells you to bring it to the head priest in the temple for a divine blessing ofcourse for a rather generous "donation".

Gatecity mage can possibly give you a manual/notes for enchanting that you can show to the previous npcs of the quest which they can have different reactions for fun. (hartold just can't get one part, mage bros argue over procedure for one step of the spell, dorfgan can't read, Ike considers trying his hand at magic again) And the manual's true purpose eliminating doing the long ass quest.

bleh i wrote more than i should... it's late... feedback?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
oh my lord... yea i read like the first few lines, and from that... its the same idea as evil with his enchantments

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah i kinda figured it was mentioned before... lawl sorrry got a lil carried away with the quest idea

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This is part of the concept behind the mining/smithing system.