Hybrid

Cat

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
So as everyone has probably noticed, compared to the weapon variations, there aren't very many armor variations.
(I can think of 10 atm)

I don't know how hard this would be but it would be cool if, for a price, we could 'hybrid' armor.

Say you want the effects of both PA and Acid Armor, but you have to keep switching manually.

What if you could go to the blacksmith in Edana (or Dorfgan in Helena, whichever,) and 'store' the materials in a blacksmith chest. (The materials would be 2 armors of your choice, to hybrid)

Then, after you deposit the armors, you talk to the blacksmith and you would be able to buy your hybrid armor.

Any body armor in the tier would cost a set amount of gold to hybrid.

(Note that the price on each tier is for one armor piece. To hybrid armor you would need 2 armor pieces, so you would need to pay money for both. Example: Hybriding Acid Plate and Aura of Fire would be a total of 320k)

The price would depend on how rare the armor is, and could be split up into tiers like:

:arrow: Tier 1: 10k
Torn Leather Vest
Leather Vest
Studded Leather

:arrow: Tier 2: 25k
Fire Lizard Armor
Cobra Skin Armor
Banded Mail

:arrow: Tier 3: 35k
Gladiator Armor
Platemail
Knights Platemail armor

:arrow: Tier 4: 50k
Sir Gerics Armor
Envenomed Plate

:arrow: Tier 5: 120k
Golden Armor
Aura of Fire

:arrow: Tier 6: 200k
Acid Plate

:arrow: Tier 7: 400k
Pheonix Armor
Armor of Bravery

This would create more diverse armor and would be a use for all that gold on Islesofdread1.

The damage resist would be something like 50% of each, so PA(55%) and Acid Plate(40% I think) would be 47.5% damage resist.

The special effects could also be split, like for the example above, PA would block/absorb half as much fire damage, while acid plate would block half as much acid and poison damage.

bodyhunter

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
I have to say that sounds pretty cool I hope that people actually think about this

Jordy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Lets say i do PA + AoB.

Does this mean : I pay 800,000

armor is immune death penalty, 75% resist fire + the fire mana thing (forget what you call it), and damage resistance would be 52.5%

Or

Changes death penalty to 1/2, 37.5% resist fire + Fire mana regeneration thing with 52.5% damage resistance? ( Or something along the lines of changing resistance percentage and such)

Cat

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jordy said:
Lets say i do PA + AoB.

Does this mean : I pay 800,000
yeah
Jordy said:
Changes death penalty to 1/2, 37.5% resist fire + Fire mana regeneration thing with 52.5% damage resistance? ( Or something along the lines of changing resistance percentage and such)

and I was thinking along the lines of this