Intense lag.

Antimatter

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Hello,

I have this new laptop. It has 4 GB of ram and 100+ GB of space. It can run css, Garry's mod and almost any of the latest games no problem! But when I want to play msc it just lag's so bad. It's not my ping my ping is definitely fine. I have tried lot's of things like Lowering the graphics, turning off bloom, and trying different configurations. I honestly have no idea what the problem could be. Any help will be appreciated guy's!

Thanks.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Antimatter said:
Hello,

I have this new laptop. It has 4 GB of ram and 100+ GB of space. It can run css, Garry's mod and almost any of the latest games no problem! But when I want to play msc it just lag's so bad. It's not my ping my ping is definitely fine. I have tried lot's of things like Lowering the graphics, turning off bloom, and trying different configurations. I honestly have no idea what the problem could be. Any help will be appreciated guy's!

Thanks.
Also to menton that you used the Settings for a 'Low End' PC which reduced your lag a bit <.<

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
happens on every map or did you notice this while playing a map like hundeswamp?

Antimatter

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Every map. It's not normal lag. It's horrendous. And it doesn't stop for a second..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Would need to know that, plus what alternate configurations you have tried, before I could add anything.

If you have an Intel GMA, it tends to handle DirectX games much better than OpenGL, and though it's not real fantastic with either, the latter tends to send it into a real tizzy. r_dynamic 0, is probably the best console command for that, as dynamic OpenGL lights tend to mess with it more than anything. On some of the lazier maps, it's hard to survive without glow, but you can compensate by using "setweather fog_white 1 1" or some similar such, to help outline the halls (setweather commands only affect your local client now, so you shouldn't drive anyone else mad in the process.)

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
As far as i know its a Intel HD Graphicard if i'm not mistaken (similar to that <.<)
We used:
- My MSC Config
- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3004 (only the first 2 settings)
- Tried to update the Graphicard driver (but failed hard :eek:)
- Put Bloom etc off

He said it was less laggier than before :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, those internal Intel cards are real hit or miss... They really hate legacy OpenGL.

ms_lildude 0
ms_reflect 0
r_dynamic 0

Should likely help the most. If you have a felewyn ring, r_dynamic may not take effect for a minute or so (only affects lights created after it's set).