Map concept: Saint's Mausoleum (ms_saintsmaus)

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Saint's Mausoleum - An Overview
The Saint's Mausoleum, created by the gods to house fallen Saints, lies deep within the mountains of Daragoth. No human has ever been there, until now. Originally, it was tightly sealed by divine magic, but recently, the Mausoleum has been poisoned with dark magic...

At the beginning of time, all was equal. Good and Evil were equal. Everything lived in perfect harmony. However, this did not last long. Urdual, the god of Balance, had to create Demons as well as Angels to develop the balance. He trapped the Demons in Hell, using divine sealing magic to keep them in there. He was not aware, however, that they were developing magic.

That day began like any other day. People were trading, living, laughing, and going about their daily business. That was, until, that the sky turned from blue to red. Prophets became doom sayers, priests prayed for hours on end. Demons rolled through the land, falling into the mortal plain though a Breach in the boundaries of Hell. Nothing, it seemed, would be the same again. However, the priest's prayers didn't go unanswered. Felewyn and Urdual sent the Two Saints, Salphromine and Saraldomin, to vanquish the demons. By this time, the Demon's overlord, Zanadar, had reached the mortal realm.

Nobody knows how they defeated him. Some say they sacrificed themselves to banish Zanadar's soul back to Hell. Some say they were imbued with godly power, and they pierced Zanadar's heart with their swords. The scar where the demons came into this world still exists as a huge gaping chasm in the mountains, known as Hell's Precipice.

Urdual and Felewyn build the Saint's Mausoleum to commemorate the two Saints' courage. They buried their lifeless bodies deep within the tomb, and placed the body of the vanquished demon within a round, stone room deep within the Mausoleum. Now, it seems, that Zanadar has returned.

Can you stop him? Can you finish the Two Saints' work?

Map overview
mscsalphrominesshrinepw1.png

Yes, I know, I'm rubbish at designing maps. This was done in about 30 minutes in paint. Looks really basic, but I'll find time to touch it up sooner or later.

Anyway, players spawn in the green spawn area. They proceed up the corridor and to the right, then they will notice the gate is locked. A door to the right of them will open up, which leads to a room with Selverus, Keeper of the Gate inside. Once they kill him, the gate switch will be released and the gate will open. They will be lead into the Nexus of Hate, the burial chamber of Salphromine and Saraldomin (not shown), which contains the Avatar of Hate. He serves as the guardian of the Hall of Hallows, which leads to various different burial chambers that contain many other Saints.

Once the Avatar is dead, a teleporter behind him will become active. When the players step into it, they will appear in the Hall of Hallows. Inside the Hall of Hallows lie the Four Shards of Zanadar. The players can kill these if they want to weaken him. Killing his Soul shard will stop him from using magic, killing his Strength shard will lower his combat damage, killing his Revenge shard will slow his movement speed and killing his Tyranny shard will kill his undead guardians. The more shards you destroy, the easier Zanadar is, and the easier he is, the less loot you'll gain from destroying him. Once all the shards have been destroyed, the players must use the Gate Switch in the middle of the Hall to open the gate to the boss room. The players can open the gate as soon as they enter the Hall, but it will seal the passageways leading to the Shards.

Through the Gate lies a portal, which leads to Zanadar's burial chamber. Within it lies Zanadar the Returned, the corporeal body of the banished Demon, his tomb, and a deactivated portal. The portal will power up once you have destroyed Zanadar.

I haven't decided on his abilities yet. If someone chooses to do this map, I'll think about the details in great depth and will release certain (not all) details that will give you a reason to look forward for this map!

Discuss!

Ulquiorra

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Saraldomin... that makes me think "Saradomin" from RuneScape with an L in it.

And Selverus.. Severus Snape..

Map sounds interesting though.