mapper lookin' for work.

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I need more mapping projects!
Just wondering if it's worth mapping for source or MS:C?

Mvh. Fredrikli

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I have a project for you to sign on to, albeit for msc. I'll give you more details if you are interested.

Fredrikli

New Adventurer
Reaction score
sure! post me some info in a pm and i'll get right in to it!

btw here's my current project, as showcase: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vampire-slayer-2

Also, Thothies website seems to be down, and much of the relevant links to MSC mapping are now broken. Is the website moved?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Last i heard his host went poof or something. So yeah...

Guess you will have to PM him personally and ask about all that.

It would be best to stick with ms:c. MSS hasn't shown any life signs for a good while, so it would be best to bump ms:c rather than work on something that can't be bumped at all (in its current state).

Personal tip for future projects you might want to develop, read the lore a few times, plan something based on that lore and stick with it. :wink:
I'm just trying to show you the right path as to what ms:c really needs, making random custom maps like all the other new mappers is getting old, it breaks the game to some extent and further delays ms:c's lore, meaning less chances of seeing an actual end to this mod (not that i want this to happen obviously).

Doing a custom map for practise as a first release is always fine, but doing multiples is a bad thing. If you are already experienced with mapping i would go for a lore related map and skip that one thing.

Also thanks for offering your time, work and future dedication to help this mod stay alive. :)

PS: Don't forget to get informed by developers or well known members in the community, it's always a good thing to share and debate something you want to plan with lore maps.

PPS: Also good thing someone is working on vampire slayer 2, i really like the goldsource mod and would like to see it remade on source, see how it roles out in the end, so good luck with that too. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Current worldmap in ms:c, it should help you guide in the future!