Maps

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So many questions...

Will the maps in MSS be expanded versions of the originals?

If so will they follow a new layout, or be visually expanded with the same layout, but adding detail (ie: everything in the current map gets reallybig and then the mapper fills in with detail and small changes where necessary)?

Will they be going for a fairy-tale look, or a photorealistic, gritty look?

Will certain maps be combined?

Will there be a system to allow mappers to make vast, epic maps. (IE what empires is doing right now with the dynamic-ish model scaling)

Will you be poking crow to remake world walker and CotBG?

so much can be done in source, i just want to know what to expect...or, if i want to try and map for MSS :p

zEdge3

New Adventurer
Reaction score
we don't want this to based to much on the original now do we? :wink:
i say we up the maps also but i think a must keeper is for sure ms_snow and thornlands give edana a much needed make over (helena possibly too) deralia needs to be attached to more that just daragoth transfer if you ask me.. upgrade goblin town a tad bit same with challs sfor could use a graveyard (like a trans to a map possibly called 'Necromancers Hideout'? or maybe even 'Graveyard of No return') and make like a lich creature of somesort also make it like the zone of which could be the site of where urduals most brave and strongest heros are buried and do to the disruption and resurection of lord calrian the dead have sprung to life seeking vengence on the people of maybe a town or something? (undead raid map) kinda like old helena but no orcs undead and possibly squeeze undamael in but i've heard he will be in sfor2 but this will possibly change perhaps?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
zEdge3 said:
we don't want this to based to much on the original now do we? :wink:
i say we up the maps also but i think a must keeper is for sure ms_snow and thornlands give edana a much needed make over (helena possibly too) deralia needs to be attached to more that just daragoth transfer if you ask me.. upgrade goblin town a tad bit same with challs sfor could use a graveyard (like a trans to a map possibly called 'Necromancers Hideout'? or maybe even 'Graveyard of No return') and make like a lich creature of somesort also make it like the zone of which could be the site of where urduals most brave and strongest heros are buried and do to the disruption and resurection of lord calrian the dead have sprung to life seeking vengence on the people of maybe a town or something? (undead raid map) kinda like old helena but no orcs undead and possibly squeeze undamael in but i've heard he will be in sfor2 but this will possibly change perhaps?

that gives me a good idea...see, it kinda bothers me how you can just keep killing off the bosses, there should really be explanations of how you can kill them multiple times..so we change keledros to a lich :D

but ah, i'd say edana should be either connected to the thornlands or the edana sewer atleast...because its REALLY boring sitting there while everyone says "i just need to buy one more thing!"

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The concept with the new maps is basically to make the areas familiar, but no where close to identical. So, it'll feel new, but still the same.

I make little sense, trust me, I know.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
So, the background feeling to some new maps, that'll look kickass & spiffy on the source engine, will remain the same in the sense of being cherry & holding nothing of danger to the players? (Sorry, but MSC doesn't give out that scary panic-like feeling games like Dark Messiah give) 8)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
So, the background feeling to some new maps, that'll look kickass & spiffy on the source engine, will remain the same in the sense of being cherry & holding nothing of danger to the players? (Sorry, but MSC doesn't give out that scary panic-like feeling games like Dark Messiah give) 8)

that can be fixed....

i think dungeon areas and areas where monsters live should be scary-ish, but places like thornlands and edana, happy!