Master-sword.net is down?

enter560

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The site seems to be down again, anyone know whats up?

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
No, unfortunately I have no idea why it's down this time =/
I'll be working on it. In the next day or so I'll make sure to redirect ModDB traffic to this section.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Remember that, should it come to the worst, the offer you extended to us during our forum troubles also extends in the other direction, I'm sure.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thank you for your offer Thothie, i hope it wont be necessary though.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Rickler is no longer willing to host the site. I'm currently trying to get the files so that I can host it at another location.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
thesupersoup said:
Rickler is no longer willing to host the site. I'm currently trying to get the files so that I can host it at another location.
The hell? WTF not? He had better have just given birth to triplets or something so as to need the extra cash! :oldangry:

Actually had no idea Rickler was doing that though - thought TheRilez was your host source for some reason.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, it was Rickler. I'll PM you the details.

DarkWasp

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
So should we use this forum section to post map/model screenshots and applications as well?

I started working on a map a few days ago, and then when when I went to start a post about it the site was down.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Yup. I'll be reading this forum regularly now. I guess this is our base camp for the time being.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lord K hasn't picked up my mail yet, but he should have you full forum auth here shortly. He'll likely either give you access to the supermod panel, or setup this forum section to the structure you require.

I hope Rickler can at least get you the SQL for your old forums, so you can migrate them, should you find a new home. Sadly, I dun think you'd be able to integrate them into these forums. Not sure though - lest maybe Lord K sets up an entirely different set of php forums.

jon50559

Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
It's interesting that Rickler's own site isn't up either.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
From the rumors, I'm thinking it may be he got VAC banned and raged against all things Valve. >_>

I wouldn't mind opening up our dev forums to the Source team, and share them, rather than setting up separate ones. Would allow us to put our heads together on various issues. We already have some Source info stickies in there that aren't doing us much good now.

I would have been hesitant to do that in the past, however, I think most of those likely to do ill with said access have moved on (and in one or two cases, had access before, but have already been removed by MiB).

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Probably, i just hope i can recover all my lore, i did sadly not back them up ._.

Should i get access to the apparently large lore library you hold i will try to modify my lore to fit it.

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I've given supersoup mod powers here, so you guys can use these forums if you wish. Also, I'll do whatever I can to help you guys survive while you find a new server. Just let me know what you need, this new server we have has quite a few options (although I'm still working out some of the kinks *kicks postfix*)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
All we will need i think are private forums for the following:
Writing,
Mapping
Modelling
Texturing
and Coding.

And maybe a general forum for dev discussion.

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Thanks so much Kuroneko!

Thothie had mentioned opening up your dev forums to us, but I understand that would pose some serious potential risks. Our own private Dev section would be cool (With all the sections Gurluas listed), or if you were willing to open up your section, maybe start with me and we can talk about other team members on a case by case basis?

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just so that you have a lot of options...

I can provide you with free hosting on my dedicated web server and probably a free domain name registration also if you need it.

Just putting the option out there so you have flexibility. I do think that the two should use the same forums though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
thesupersoup said:
Thothie had mentioned opening up your dev forums to us, but I understand that would pose some serious potential risks. Our own private Dev section would be cool (With all the sections Gurluas listed), or if you were willing to open up your section, maybe start with me and we can talk about other team members on a case by case basis?
As I said, I think we can open up our dev section to your current crew, and create new sections there as needed. Might be able to combine efforts across the teams that way as well, or at least share advice on coding, modeling, mapping, etc. And as I said, we've got some Source info in there that's just sitting and rotting ATM. I asked Lord K to give you auth to add and remove folks from that section, along with MiB (who already has said).

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Source team got consolidated to MSC??? Time to get back mapping into both MSS and MSC lol. Been too long!

thesupersoup

Adventurer
Lead MSU Developer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
CSS, you still up for mapping for MS:S? Hit me up with a PM.