MasterSword: Continued mapping - Monster scriptfile list

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Updated on the 9th of June 2008 - see file for changelog.

I've created a list with monster scriptfiles for MasterSword: Continued. The list contains the scriptfiles for every single monster you can find in the game.

Be it rats, boars, bats, bears, spiders, goblins, bandits, zombie Dwarves, cultists, Orcs, undead, zombies, unholy, trolls, other monsters (such as horrors or sharks) or harmless monsters (such as the hawk), they are all in this list.

You can download the list (DOC file) here:
http://www.mikkel.me/msc/msc_monster_scriptfiles_v1.006.doc (thanks Mikkel!)

Thothie's, more complete, but messier and unprocessed version here:
http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/monster_list2.html (Last update for this one is OCT2019)

All other information regarding the monsters can be easily found in the list. This file is a true must-have for any MasterSword: Continued mapper.

Developers, rest assured: this list contains scriptfiles for monsters, and scriptfiles for monsters only. As you can see for yourself by downloading the list, there are no scriptfiles for treasure chests and/or items in this list.

Edit: Thanks to Kuroneko for stickying this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eventually I'll get to adding these to the wiki, together with width and height, for placement, and maybe some sort of difficulty rating.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not in any simple fashion that'd be worth doing. Although I am going to have to write up a script that extracts all the width and heights - could toss that function in.

HP doesnt mean much though. A lot of these creatures have damage reductions, and damage/sec (which is v.hard to calculate globally) is also a major difficulty factor.

An extreme example would be the Calrian Queen Spider vs. The Iron Spider. Iron Spider has 800hp - Queen has 2000hp. They do about the same damage. But the Iron Spider will win against the Queen every time, because it has MASSIVE damage reduction.

There's also something about the way HP ramps at a certain number, and I've yet to figure where that number is. Suspect some weird math going on at the code end.

PS. The wi-fi here SUCKS ASS. ><

• Banned

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yes, damage and damage reduction are important factors in monster strength, but there has got to be a way to get an overall impression of a monster's difficulty.

Oh, on a side note, the reason I made this list is the WIKI's lack of organization in the script list. That's not meant as an offense to anybody, I just find it hard to find my way in that list. And it's not complete.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ah but J-M, calrain and his brother aren't undead ;)

after all, the iceblade still has full effect on them :D

i'd say unholy...also, how are you deciding what is and isn't a boss o_O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't quite complete before the newer sc.dll's either, but it was certainly closer. ;)

Re-orginizing / completing that wiki set is on the long list of "sh*t I gotta do"... Sadly, it was also on the list of "sh*t I was hoping to have done before I got back home." - sadly, no such luck. That pile of sh*t I gotta do is getter rather massive...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie, we've got to talk about Crow's second map series one of these days. I've tested all of them except for Underkeep, and there are only two serious bugs I found: GoldmoonNorth crashes everytime, and if you fall into the acid pool in Riverwind2 the game crashes (complaining about max. luxel size or something vague).

Anyway, that means GoldmoonSpawn, GoldmoonSouth and Riverwind1 work perfectly :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There are issues in Riverwind2 I wouldn't be able to fix without a re-compile. Crow's still lookin for those. Riverwind1 needs some NPC shuffeling. The others are town-mall maps, so not much call to restore em.

Underkeep is probably going to wind up in MSC 1.1 as a bridge between Goblintown and Gatecity.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Wait, you lost the source to Riverwind2? Because that is the only one I actually need. I managed to make all other maps playable, but Riverwind2 still has one weird bug that involves falling into a pool of acid and running out of luxels ( :?: :?: :?: )...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
my snakes on a plane map also had a bug related to luxels...something about a null texture being too large...or something...

anyways, i've never seen these maps...so, i look forward to playing them :D

(how many are there?)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The second map series of Crow consists out of six maps, and not five.
- The Goldmoon Refuge (three maps: GoldmoonSpawn, GoldmoonNorth and GoldmoonSouth)
- The Riverwind Trail (Riverwind1)
- The Riverwind Forest (Riverwind2)
- The Underkeep (underkeep2_fancylights)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
wat was thier purpose? i saw somewhere that underkeep was just for show and had no monsters in it...

dont remember where that was...but, was it anything like CotBG or WW?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
GoldmoonSpawn has a secret area
GoldmoonSouth has shops
GoldmoonNorth has shops and a hidden area involving some rat killing
Riverwind1 involves protecting NPCs from dozens of rats
Riverwind2 is a gauntlet map (kill <...> to move on to <...>)
underkeep2_fancylights looks real good, has a hidden area, and shops

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hmm?? Planes on a Snake? :D

Like a week before that movie came out one of me friends (sadly none of you will ever meet him, since he lives nearby me & dislikes this mod) he made his MSN name Planes on a Snake :p

For some reason I can't really seem to discover... that little mix-up is really funny :oldlol:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Hmm?? Planes on a Snake? :D

Like a week before that movie came out one of me friends (sadly none of you will ever meet him, since he lives nearby me & dislikes this mod) he made his MSN name Planes on a Snake :p

For some reason I can't really seem to discover... that little mix-up is really funny :oldlol:

...what the hell..?

Littlefrodo

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Is there a updated version of this script list? Becuase I would like to know wich script to use for a Bandit mage? :D