Music source request

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
So I've looked through all of the music/media folders in MS:C and I still cannot seem to find the spider cave music in orc_for.... it's absolutely brilliant and I wish I could listen to it independent of the game :(

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Probably got nerfed too... haha. :roll:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Must've o_O I looked through every possible folder I think it'd be in *shrug*

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It'd be one of the following in the msc/music folder:
"spookie_moon_burn.mp3"
"ms_war.mp3"
"CavesMusic_MoonShark.mp3"
"isleofdread1.mp3"
- Tis all the music used on the map - not including the infamous, banned-from-youtube, "stop.mp3".

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It'd be one of the following in the msc/music folder:
"spookie_moon_burn.mp3"
"ms_war.mp3"
"CavesMusic_MoonShark.mp3"
"isleofdread1.mp3"
- Tis all the music used on the map - not including the infamous, banned-from-youtube, "stop.mp3".
Spookie moon is the only one I overlooked, thank you kindly <3 Also what was up with the forum downtime last night?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, suppose we should make an announcement someplace... I'm not privy to much of the details, but apparently, someone, who shall not be named, and is not me, wanted a GITHub, and someone, who shall not be named, and is not me, neglected to read enough of the install documentation to realize it would rape the entire board. ;)

Things seem to be ship shape now though - dun think we lost anything either. Silly reason to go down - but amazing recovery. :)

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Yeah, suppose we should make an announcement someplace... I'm not privy to much of the details, but apparently, someone, who shall not be named, and is not me, wanted a GITHub, and someone, who shall not be named, and is not me, neglected to read enough of the install documentation to realize it would rape the entire board. ;)

Things seem to be ship shape now though - dun think we lost anything either. Silly reason to go down - but amazing recovery. :)

Just to clarify couple things, and to take responsibility,

but someone, who shall not be named, and is not me, wanted a GIT, and someone, who is writing this post, and is me, neglected to read enough of the install documentation to realize it would rape the entire board. ;)

It was a lot of work to bring everything back, and the process is still on going (although it's all just minor stuff now).

Details.....
Someone had requested that I run a GIT about a week ago. Many different solutions were tried during the past week, most of which I deemed to be "garbage" or to be lacking important features. In the end, I decided that the only way to really get this working with all the features that were demanded was to install the official GIT + a third party web backend for it. Unfortunately, I had not missed the part on the installation notes that it DOES NOT PLAY NICE with other webapps that utilize ports 80 and 443. It resulted in it rewriting almost all of the configuration for Apache and changing a big portion of the configuration for linux that the only way to restore it was to do a clean install (it was possible to restore it by undoing some of the changes, but it just wasn't clean enough and there were lingering problems). So most of yesterday's downtime was just me pulling all the data off the server, setting the DNS to redirect msremake.com to another server which displayed a temporarily offline message, and reinstalling everything. I was up until 6AM fixing it all up.

Regorty

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Soo, what exactly is a GIT and what does it do?

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Regorty said:
Soo, what exactly is a GIT and what does it do?

It's a code revision control system similar (but a lot different) to SVN.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Well I appreciate the hard work, and the fact the site is up a day later c: No hard feelings :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmmm... Testing your permissions - maybe not. I'll see if I can easily restore the ability to delete your own posts, though one shouldn't feel the need to clean up old ones or anysuch in anycase.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to delete the old post, I accidentally posted in this thread :p

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I usually set permissions on my boards to disable deletion of posts to prevent people from deleting vital informational posts (editing is fine since edit logs are kept by the board). I didn't know what the settings were on the old forums, and I was too lazy to check. So I assumed what would be the best setting and just set that.

As of this point, I'd rather let Thothie do all changes since this is afterall, his forums. That way, he knows what all the settings are.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
It let you delete the post if you'd just made it within like 5 minutes.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Implemented. Please test and let me know.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Deleting in 5 minutes is fine... "Oops" happens.

Just get perturbed when someone posts a question in Troubleshooting, for instance, and then decides to delete the post after the question is answered and such. "What if someone else has that same question, dernit!?"

At least the Quote and Edit buttons on this board are pretty far apart. For some reason, whenever I gave someone mod for the first time, they'd end up replacing my posts instead of quoting them, every other time, for months after. Not that I haven't made that same mistake myself once or twice. I guess this History feature makes that sorta mistake easier to fix in the unlikely event it does happen, whereas before you just had to pray the old post was still in your cache.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keeps an archive of it too - though it might be admin-view only. That's a damned good drama catcher! Guess these guys have seen it all. :D