Need Help Starting with Mapping

BoomShakalaka

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Alright, I've tried mapping several times before using random online tutorials. I've done a little mapping in BF1942 and I totally can make something good when i put the time into it, which i have lots of and don't mind doing if I see a good output to what my time's going into. However I love this mod, but the maps kinda make me ill, but I want to make some, if one of the mappers or a decient mapper could atleast get me started by showing me thebest and easiest mapping program to use, and how to start mapping I'd be very willing to become a committed mapper for this team. I have the art genes in my family and the mind of an person who built lots of cool stuff with legos, so if anyone would be willing to help me and get in contact with me on AIM or using some sort of voice communications program like ventrillo or teamspeak I really need the help getting started with HL mapping.

BoomShakalaka

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some things I don't like to just give out to everyone, I was hoping for a reply post and then I'd provide contact information, but if you insist I added it in.