Never had this happen before.

Jackal

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So a while ago, about two, maybe three weeks ago, I was playing a new character in edana and I got a boar pelt. Happy day right? cause I made a little bit of money, yeah. Well not quite, apparently picking up the pelt caused my game to crash to desktop and it won't let me get onto any servers now, crashing each time it starts precaching. Not sure what else to mention, all I know is I can't play MS:C because of a boar pelt and I can't get a rollback, because it won't let me log into a server to get my status

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jackal said:
quick question, how can I get a rollback request if I can't get the status of my characters?

What I mean by that is, my game crashes to desktop each time I try to load up a server. And it always does the Crash when it tries to precache. Also this never happened before until I picked up a boar pelt. Any solutions to this precaching problem?
You could load up Half-Life or any other HL1 mod to get your Steam ID (actually, Source shares the same ID system, so any Source game will work as well, provided it lets you have access to console to type status).

However a precache error generally indicates file corruption or an incorrect/incomplete install. A rollback probably won't help. (Or it'll happen again the next time you find an item tied to the model in question - and as our models are conglomerated, generally, a few dozen items are tied to each.)

Head yonder: http://www.msremake.com/download.php
Grab the Master Sword Continued 1.2 DEC2010a full installer. Install it.

Then grab the MSC Betapack SEP2013a, just below it, and install that.

If you've had Half-Life since February 2013, or longer, before you do any of that, uninstall Half-Life, and reinstall it, and load the Half-Life Training Course (dun have to finish it, just load it).